Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Config Guide - Configuration of a Central Integration Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

In XI30 Config Guide SPS18.pdf ,

I have seen in page no. 12 under section

<b>4. Configuration of a Central Integration Server</b>, I have seen the following text

<u><i>Before configuring your central Integration Server, make sure that it is registered in the System Landscape Directory (SLD). For this purpose, the required Common Information Model (CIM) objects should have been instantiated in the SLD during the post-installation steps described in the Installation Guide – SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0.</i></u>

Can any one explain me what the instantiation of CIM objects is?...How to do this?

Thanks,

-Naveen.

Message was edited by: naveen chitluri

Message was edited by: naveen chitluri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the CIM objects are for automatically setting up the system in the SLD. I cant remember the exact procedure but I believe it involves uploading a zip file which contains the CIM objects through the SLD. If you check the Installation guide as suggested the exact procedure and the location of the CIM objects should be clearer.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find those details in the installation guide

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/95d7d490-0301-0010-ce93-c58...

Just search for CIM in the above document you will findsomething like importing some ZIP file.

Regards,

Prakash