cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL Account Search Help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do not assign GL Accounts. We force the user to select one. We prefer that they use the supplied search help to select the GL.

Currently, we are swithing one of our system from an R/3 backend to a non-R/3 backend. For detailed reasons, we are storing the GL Accounts locally. We would like to provide a search help with these values and the texts, but the standard access for search helps is not available in the BADI's.

Any ideas on how to populate the search help for GL with local data?

Thanks

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

You can use the standard F4 Search help BADI and code it to hit the Z-table where you maintain all the G/L accounts and descriptions.

Pls assign points if answer is usefull !!

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sundeep,

Thanks for the response.

My problem is that the standard BADI does not include a method that will effect the GL Account. It has about 15 or 20 methods to deal with the other Search Helps, but not the GL Account.

If it is there, could you point me to the specific method, because none of them seem to point the GL Account or Account Assignment. There is one for Account Assignment Category...but I don't think that is what I want.

One more issue here. I am using the NOR3 modules as templates. In the Search Help meta function for the NOR3 modules, the case statement does not include data or call back program and function for the GLAccount. So even getting the search help process functioning is going to be a trick.

Let me know if you have any ideas,

Thanks,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the badi "BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT" to populate the correct G/L account.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

Answers (0)