Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSCS Installation; Having problem generating temp. license key

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Environment:</b>

SAP ECC 6.0 (MSCS) installation.

Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition (64 bit Itanium)

SQL 2005

We are having a problem with the Central Instance Installation Step at

the point where you must generate a license key using Solution Manager.

The installation does not accept any key generated by Solution Manager

using the virtual host name (SAPCIGRP) - the virtual host name for the

SAP Cluster Group.

We greatly appreciate help on this issue so we can finish up

installation.

<b>Steps for the Reconstruction </b>

MSCS Installation ERP 2005 ABAP+Java (ECC 6.0)

Central Instance Installation Step (Step 8 Installation Guide):

The Installation asks for Solution Manager License Key.

In Solution Manager we created the PRD System (SMSY), then select the

system and select the button "Generate Installation/Upgrade key".

We enter the following:

System ID: PRD

System Number: 02 (also tried 00,01 with no luck)

Message Server: SAPCIGRP

[host names for PRD:

Node A: sapprdci

Node B: sapprddb

SAP Cluster Group: sapcigrp (virtual host name)

SQL Cluster Group: sapdbgrp (virtual host name)]

The installation also asks for instance number (port) for the central

instance; we are entering "02". ASCS (Central Services for ABAP)

is "00" & SCS (Cental Services Instance) is "01".

Thanks,

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Patrick,

I am trying to do an ecc 6.0 installation myself on a 64 bit system and I am having trouble finding the right installation guide. I came accross your message and I was wondering if you can direct me to the correct installation guide and cds.

I am having trouble finding them on sapnet.

Thanks,

Karim

Former Member
0 Kudos

For installation Guides:

Use alias <b>instguides</b>

(i.e. https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/instguides)

I ended up using a combination of the Netweaver 04s guide and the ERP 2005 Installation Guide since the ERP Guide was not up to date for Cluser Installation using SQL 2005.

Installation CD's are in SAPnet under Downloads>SAP Software Distribution Center>Download>Installations and Upgrades

Your company will have to be licensed for ERP 2005 to get CD's/DVD's and license key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi patrick

I have successfully finished the installation HA production server on Win2003 sp1 with SQL 2005 sP1 on IA 64 bit.

regarding the solution manager key, you should enter the netbios name of Node A in the message server instead of defining the SAP Cluster name or SYS ID.

Start-->>Run-Cmd...and click on Ok button then enter the hostanme where you will find the netbios name of Node A.

Awards points.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry again....also define the isntance of CI, don't define any other isntance no. A(SCS)

REgards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anwer,

Yes, you are correct we ended up doing the same this solved the issue. Then I ran into the an issue during the DB instance installation which was resolved by SAP Note 919107 as posted above. For ERP 2005 SR0 (Ramp-up Version) IA 64-bit, ABAP+Java Install SQL 2005.

Thanks for bringing light to the solution for initial post. Points awarded.

Regards,

-Patrick

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Note 919107 resolved this issue:

Wrong MSSQL instance name is displayed in the "MS SQL Server > Database Connection Information" dialog when using a clustered named instance of MS SQL Server. The displayed instance name is the VIRTUALHOST\INSTANCE instead of the VIRTUALHOST name.

<b>To solve the problem, stop the installation, and set the variable SAPINST_MSS_AR=ON in the environment of the user who performs the installation</b>. Then restart the installation with "Continue.

Another dialog appears where you can specify the correct database instance name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Gurus.,

I just want to know how many servers are required for SAP Clustering ECC 5.0

we are using Windows 2003 Enterprise version , with SQL server 2005.

pls do respond back

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 servers (same hardware). There is also the option to separately cluster the database instance and the cental instance, this requires 4 servers. For more information see the installation guides MSCS Option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

Any luck on the solution. I got stuck with the same problem.When I tried installin g by using local server name for message server for generating key, installed got completed without errors but upload of profile from RZ10 failed.

Please let us know if you have solution for it.

Thanks,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You probably want to look two things here:

1. Maybe some problem with the system number, I had the same problem before. I thought I should use system number 00, but it was ended up take system number 01. I still don't know why. The installation completed with my system number be 01 instead of 00 I wanted to be.

2. Because of MSCS installation, does it want to real hostname of the node you are installing or it requires virtual name. I am wondering it is asking hostname of the current node because you should convert it to MSCS cluster after installation complete. Now it does not even know MSCS and virtual hostname etc exist yet.

Thanks,

Yujun Ran

Message was edited by: Yujun Ran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yujun,

Thanks for the response! We actually used the local host name and were able to produce a key that allowed installation; however, it only installed the central instance (and corresponding service) on the local host (Node B). This is a problem since this will not allow failover of the central instance. The steps to cluster node A & B are prior to the central instance install so I'm afraid if we do not use the virtual host name it will not install and cluster the central instance? This is where I'm not sure; however, I'm pretty sure the central instance service will need to be on both boxes.

So we uninstalled the central instance and have submitted a note to SAP and are waiting their feedback.

Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

I believe that steps to cluster Node A/B prior to the central instance install is only for database, like SQL Server database. You need clusted database installed before install central instance. So it should only related to virtual database hostname if it's related at all.

I am wondering once you installed in Node B, are there anything else even care this production key from solution manager? Did you get error message when you configure Node A or it ask you production key again? I would go ahead try to convert Node A and see what happen. If the installation ask SolMan Key again, then create one for Node A. Just like the license keys for MSCS system since they have two hardware keys.

Thanks,

Yujun