cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glad to see that SAP is capturing the developers through the scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a hard core Java developer making my way into Ruby on Rails. I tried ABAP for few months and couldn't digest the language and I am at the point of turning away from SAP.

I am glad to note that SAP is opening up to developers and attracting the developers of various languages. It is deffinitely a solid move to the right direction. Once the data is live it is very easy to show to the management what can be accomplished using SAP.

I feel SAP's ERP is more like OS/2, very strong and powerful. But MS could overtake OS/2 with ease of use. We just have to wait and see if enough will be done before MS comes out with the new version of Dynamics in 2008.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Year it the correct beginning, but it is also until now not easy to use other languages in combination with SAP.

We had for example big trouble to find the RFCSDK, we wanted to test with it, and the most sources told us that it is on GUI CD, but there we couldn't find it.

At least we found it on the SAP marketplace.

But the GUISDK, with the GUI.H and GUILIB.LIB GUILIB.DLL, we still couldn't find.

I want to program Gui Scripting with C++, but the sources i found told me only, that i need this files, and that they should be on the CD, but we could found them.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

welcome to the SDN Scripting area. If you want to try out Ruby on Rails with a SAP ERP Backend check out my Contest at <a href="/people/gregor.wolf3/blog/2006/09/30/sdn-contest-sap-on-rails-in-a-real-business-application">SAP on Rails in a real Business Application</a>.

Regards

Gregor

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You right Srinadh, both SAP and SDN are making a great effort to merge the best of both worlds -:)

Scripting Languajes + R/3 = Amazing web applications.

Bad to hear about your ABAP experience -:( But good for your Rails approach -;) I have started learning Rails a week ago...After I finished my Ruby self-study course -:P

Hope to see some of your work soon.

Greetings,

Blag.