cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Unmarshal problem - Web Service Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have generated a Webdynpro-Model out of a WebService (J2EE WAS 6.4 SP9 + IDE SP9). The WebService works within the WebServices Navigator, but being called from within WDDoInit() I get this exception. The generated proxy code "looks" ok and I am pretty lost here, any help appreciated:

Service call exception; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.XmlUnmarshalException: XML Serialization Error. Object of Class [de.hpi.admui.models.lecture.proxies.types.p2.GetLecturesResponse] does not have property [Response] of type [[Lde.hpi.admui.models.lecture.proxies.types.MLecture;]. Check if the right object is passed to the serialization routine.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andre,

Go to the deploy service of your visual administrator and check if the WD application that you are trying to run is deployed and started.

Regards

Abdul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

zubev
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi André,

The reason could be that the WS Model has been generated out of a on older WSDL file. If this is the case, you have to regenerate it.

If the WS is an SAP WS, you can trace the request and response that came to it and see if the response is correct to the WSDL. If yes, report a CSS message and attach the WSDL and the request/response to it.

The WSDL that was used for the generation of the model is stored in src/packages/wsdls folder of your WD project.

+In order to trace the request/reponse you have to set the severity to DEBUG as defined in the help portal: + http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/60/aec0b110a940d09e7a296c09af27bf/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but your hints did not help much, but I got it right now. Actually the problem was a totally different thing. I connected a Tree Viewer somehow inappropriately with the context.

The is one (of many) example of the awful error messages there are. Possible that at a point deep within generated code it is very hard to throw out usable error messages, but it simply must become better.

In this case "Incompatible types, check if you have connected the right type to your UI element." would have been the right one

Former Member
0 Kudos

... for the webservice debug option I award you the star Alexander, thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give more details? Did you use a Web Dynpro Tree UI element, how did you do the databinding, declaratively or programmatically?

Armin