cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI - Mapping Alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am trying to configure alerts for my XI Mapping... I have read many of the posts in here including Michaels blogs on step by step etc.

Now this is all fine but the problem is that all are saying to define your Alert Categories but noe say how.

I go to ALRTCATDEF and really dont know what I should be doing in this screen. What is optional... What is Mandatory... What fields do what. Even what the purpose of an Alert Category is in the first place.

I basically want an alert to be generated if there is an issue within my mapping, or if one of the adapters are malfunctioning.... Basically an alert to be generated if the message can't be delievered for what ever reason.

Can someone explain how to do this and more importantly what should be configured in the ALRTCATDEF and why?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for your inout...

What I am basically asking is exactly what is the purpose of an Alert Categorie? What information does it hold?

Does the alert categorie contain the information that will trigger the alert. or does it just hold the information of what to do once the alert is triggered.

For example if I want an alert to be generated if a field is missing in my mapping, would I input these condidtions in the alert category or would I put it in BPM and the alert category is simply saying where the alert will go to?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>For example if I want an alert to be generated if a field is missing in my mapping, would I input these condidtions in the alert category or would I put it in BPM and the alert category is simply saying where the alert will go to?

you specify it in a BPM (via control step)

(either as an exception on in switch step)

and you just put the alertcat name over there

and you can also use some useful variables:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

michal

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Does the alert categorie contain the information that will trigger the alert. or does it just hold the information of what to do once the alert is triggered.</i>

>>>It will provide you what to do when the Alert is triggered.

To trigger an alert, you can use of BPm with control step.

Also if you want to you can use of exception Branch etc with conditions

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks your a real life saver... So once I map in BPM then what do I put in my receiver/interface determintation of my final comm channnel/receiver if the mapping is already been performed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How would we Add recievers for recieving Alerts..and how recievers know that they have a alert message....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys thanks again for all of your help....

Just one final question.... Can I execute My mapping in the BPM? Basically that what I want the alert to be for so basically say alert if Mapping fails and also mention what particular field is wrong?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Can I execute My mapping in the BPM?</i>

>>>Yes, you can execute mapping in the BPM using Transformation step type in the BPM

You can set up an alert based on the mapping fails. To do the what fields wrong etc, you need to do exception handling mechanism. So your mapping should validate the error and then it should provide the field details.. So it is kind of Exception Handling with correct error message

Regards,

Moorthy

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I have a few weblogs about alerts

this one shows show you can create alertcat

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>