cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loadrunner / ecatt with adobe interactive forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone tried either eCATT or loadrunner with an Adobe interactive form inside of a webdynpro app yet? We are getting ready to, but won't be ready for about 2 - 3 weeks. Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

bkpf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm currently on-site for SAP Italy and the client wants to use Loadrunner 11 to test a business process that requires Adobe interactive forms.

Can you advise me if the question about this being possible using Loadrunner 11 has been answered. I note that in the HP Forum that this topic is currently live.

jc

StefanBeck
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Brenda,

yes, we've tested eCATT with interactive forms. It works so far, but the question is what is the goal of your test?

Using eCATT ADS, the application, and the business logic behind is tested. If that is your goal, using eCATT is an appropriate solution.

Regarding Loadrunner-Tests I'm not the expert. But within the solution an ActiveX does posts to the server using encoded URLs. So there are several problems:

- is loadrunner able to record those posts?

- is loadrunner able to modify URL parameters dependend on the current session?

- is loadrunner able to use the response of such a post and dynamically adapt a post parameter of the subsequent post?

So I think it is at least very difficult and complex to use loadrunner. I recommend eCATT as the solution for automated tests of InteractiveForms.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good information to work with. Actually, I want to verify the stability and overall load of our particular configuration (webdispatcher to WAS) in order to get some performance numbers and have some baseline statistics to work with before we take this out to 1000 + users. Loadrunner was the tool I was looking into to drive the clients for the testing. Our logic and functional testing will be handled in another group. I am currently reading the documentation on EP load testing to see if that can be "adapted" to running against a single webdynpro application. (we don't have the portal yet).

I am going to take the questions you raised to my loadrunner expert and see what he comes back with. Are you interested in our findings?

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brenda,

as an SAP Product Manager for this area I am interested in your findings (and probably a few more SDN users, too).

I would also like to know more about your project, as you seem to be an early adapter. Perhaps better directly by mail at markus.meisl@sap.com.

Regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management