cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to develop an Interactive form using Preview version of Netweaver developer Studio. In that I could only see the Adobe object other than that I am not seeing any controls or forms editor. Is there any configuration I need to do to get that.

Thanks,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

the Sneak Preview Version does not include the Adobe software. You will need to get the official full version of Web AS 6.40.

We are working with SAP to provide a Sneak Preview Version with Interactive Forms based on Adobe software within the next couple of months.

Cheers

Matthias Zeller

Product Manager

Adobe Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to overcome the issues. Thanks for everyone who gave solutions/suggestions to this thread.

Thanks again..

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I have another question though. I want to create an interactive form within that dynamically I want to provide a valid URL link to the resource somewhere in the network. The controls available in the designmer doesn't have link contorl to include the form.

Could you please suggest how to achieve this.

Your answer is highly appreciated as this becomes an important issue in our development and also in decision making to go for Adobe designer.

Thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

URL Links in PDF forms are not supported in the current shipping version of Interactive Forms. This feature is however planned for a Service Pack of NetWeaver 04 in Q2/05. Please drop me an email at mzeller@adobe.com and I can check if we can make something available to you earlier.

Cheers

Matthias

0 Kudos

Hi suresh,

After creating a WD project

1) In project structure Double click the DynamicFormView

WD> WDComponents->DynamicFormComp--->DynamicFormView and choose the Layout tab

2) Go to Outline pane

a) insert a child ( type InteractiveForm and give the name to ID)

b) now select the corresponding child in the outline pane and go to properties tab

c) now give the reference to the corresponding datasource and pdfSource from the context ( and set the required height and width)

1) for the dataSource property u need to specify the path to the Context node ( thro the Context tab)

2) now make the reference to View tab (bound it to the Layout)

3) for the pdfSource property u need to specify the path ( tht contains the pdf document)

4) And bind this property to the context attrib of the type binary

Before doing this first chk for Active Component Framework(ACF) of the Adobe integration is installed

-Regards

Swamy

former_member198228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

The Adobe Designer is integrated with WebDynpro perspective for you to design the form. Following is what you have to do

1. Create a WD Project

2. Add a view

3. Add a UIElement to the view of type Interactive Form.

4. Right click on the UIElement that you just added and choose Edit.

This will open up the Adobe Designer from where you can design your form.

For the form to run you should have the Adobe document Service configured on your Web Application Server.

There is a tutorial to create forms in our tutorial section, let me know if you cannot find it and i can mail it to you

Hope that helps.

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for the message. I am using Sneak Preview version of developer studio. I did add the Adobe~InteractiveForm UIElement to the view. When I right click on the UI element Edit option is not there in the context menu. Only DELETE, CUT, COPY & PROPERTIES menu options are available.

Please help.

-Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to edit the UI element from the 'Outline' view.

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no EDIT option in the Context menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

Yes there is no edit option in the context menu. You will have to go to the Outline View for which the Navigation path in NDS is

Window -> Show View -> Other -> Basic ->Outline View.

When you are in the Layout tab of your View the Outline View displays all the UI elements in a hierarchial order, you can select the Adobe UI Element and 'Edit' it.

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

I would appreciate if you could send me the documentation for configuring Netweaver developer studio to show the Interactive Form development and the tutorials if any that would be nice.

my email is sbabu@myway.com

Thanks,

Suresh