cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation drive for "Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 2004 - Java Edition"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install "Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 2004 - Java Edition" on my machine. I am not able to select the installation drive when starting the installation. By default the installation is starting in C:\ where there is not enough space.

Can someone please help me with this and let me know how to specify the Installation Drive. In the installation guide I am saw the following statement

-->> "To be able to choose the installation drive you must neither have set up a sapmnt nor a saploc share. You also must not have any SAP system installed."

I dont have any sapmnt or saploc shares, my machine is new one but I am still not getting any option to select the Installatino drive.

Thanks,

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sudhir,

One possible reason is ur drive will be in FAT32 format. Sap installtion needs the NTFS format.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

Thanks for the reply. But my drive is in NTFS format only. Any other reasons for the problem.

Sudhir

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

"To be able to choose the installation drive you must neither have set up a sapmnt nor a saploc share. You also must not have any SAP system installed."

Means that the shares are missing, one of the pre-installation steps is create the installation folders and the shares...

folder sap (<drive>:\usr\sap) must be shared as saploc and sapmnt

Hope this help

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the reply.

I thought that the statement "To be able to choose the installation drive you must neither have set up a sapmnt nor a saploc share. You also must not have any SAP system installed." in the installation guide means that we should not have the sapmnt and saploc shares.

So now prior to the installation of SneakPreview NW2004, i have to create a folder called D:\usr\sap if I want the installation to be done in D:\....or have to create C:\usr\sap if I want the installation to be done in C:\.

Thanks,

Sudhir

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry i misread the info above...

Usually i create the folders and shares based on where i want the installation to be done. So if you target is 😧 create the folder structure in 😧

Hope this help!

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan...I have one more doubt, How can I share a single folder D:\usr\sap with two shared names (sapmnt and saploc). Is it sufficient if I share it as <b>either</b> sapmnt or saploc.

Thanks a lot for ur quick clarifications,

Sudhir

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

You need to share <drive>:\usr\sap with both names. Again, i misread you initial message and this will not guarantee that you would be able to install it on the drive you want.

Hope this help

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what do you think will let me select the installation drive.

Regards,

Sudhir

Answers (0)