cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have interactive form,in this I need to place a Dynamic table by binding it with a context node from the view.Consider that the no of columns are fixed but the no of rows is dynamic it depends on the context values.The row may contain dropdowns,or....How can I do this.Please give me all the basic steps.

Thanks,

Shamila.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLease ignore the bottom lines after

Thanks, Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please tell me how to have dynamic drop-down ,checkbox in interactive form.The value must come from the backend r3 system.

Thanks,

shamila.

Pinky_Varghese
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

What version of Designer are you using?

If you are using Designer 7.1, you can populate list values without having to write any script.Thers also an option to insert table element in designer 7.1 without using the subforms.Check out the following link, for more help.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/designer_scripting_samples.html

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shamila,

Basically the general way to add a table to INteractive form is by adding a subform elemet to a subform element and(i mean subform in a subform), now map the fields u want to be displayed as a table.

For the fisrt subform set the LayoutType-Flow Content,Flow DirectionTable.

Then select the allow page breaks within the content option.

And the binding should be Normal.

for the second subform:

LayoutType-Flow Content,Flow DirectionTable row.

Now also select the option allow page breaks.

Then for Binding tab: select the Repeat Subform for each data Item, then min count=1.

And now if ur table columns contain names like abc, def and xyz.

Then in the script editor code something like this

abc[*]; under show: initilaze, language: Formcalc and Run at: client

Hope this should work out for you.

let me know if u have any more queries.

Thanks

kris

1.2. Adding a Table to the Interactive Form

4. Go to the Layout tab of TableDemoCompView. Create an Interactive Form called EmployeeForm.

5. In the Properties of EmployeeForm, set the following parameters:

• DataSource: EmployeeInfo

• Height: 400px

• pdfSource: pdfSource

• Width: 500px

How to Handle Table Input and Output 6

6. Edit the EmployeeForm (right-click and choose Edit). This will show the Adobe Designer for editing.

7. Place a subform UI element onto the form. To do this, drag the subform icon under the Standard Library tab onto the form.

8. In the Properties of this subform, set the following parameters:

• Type: Flow Content

• Flow Direction: Table How to Handle Table Input and Output 7

9. Place another subform element inside this subform.

10. In the Properties of the inner subform, set the following parameters:

• Type: Flow Content

• Flow Direction: Table row

How to Handle Table Input and Output 8

11. On the Binding properties of the inner subform, check the Repeat Subform for Each Data Item checkbox. Uncheck the Min Count checkbox.

12. Drag the EmployeeName and Position attributes from the Data View into the inner subform.

13. Click on Save All Meta-data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The subform properties is not similar to the propreties what You have specified.

I have in object tab of subform

<b>Content:(Flowed and positioned)

Flow Direction:(Top to bottom and western text</b>)

I am having these options.

But you have specfied to choose

<b>Type:(Flow content)

FlowDirection:(Table and table row)</b>

I am not having these options.

how can I get these options.Should I change any properties of the subform?If so where?I am using Form designer 7.1

Thanks,

Jesmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesmi,

You can use these option following ways:

Flowed for Flow content.

Positioned for Position content.

Top to bottom for Table n Table row if u want ur table to flow in this direction or else western text.

Regards,

Atul

Pinky_Varghese
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jesmi,

If you intend to get a table on your form, then in Designer 7.1 you have an option(on the toolbar, to be specific) to insert table.With this option you can create static table(fixed rows) or use the table assistant to create dynamic row.

And as far as the options "content" and "flow direction" are concerned, thier purpose is to place the elements on the form, depending on your requirement.Content would be "positioned" if you know your form contents would be static, and "flowed" if the placement of the elements depends at runtime.