cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form data with Greek language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I try to insert data into an html template using Greek language with ITS 6.20, with Greek language keyboard.

On html form I see that the symbol of language are correct but when I manage this into abap module-pool the data (the caracters) are converted into another language.

Can you help me to undestand the problem?

Thanks,

GLuca

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does that also happen with SAP GUI for Windows or the Java SAP GUI? Do you use a unicode backend?

Best regards,

Henning.

P.S.: Please grant reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I use unicode backend (was 6.20) and the webgui standard generate the same result.

In the trace files I see that a function scandard do not convert the code-page.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Simeone,

Since you're using a Unicode WAS, the ITS should be configured respectively. It's easy to check whether your ITS is configured properly: on the HTML page with your form, just look which encoding is selected by a browser. If it is UTF-8, we're OK. If it is anything else, the ITS in installed incorrectly. In the ITS registry (config/ItsDefault.xml file) there's an NLS key, with all supported languages and codepages used for them listed. Be sure that NLS/El/SapCP is set to 4110.

Registry changes take place after you restart the ITS service.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexander,

how I can check on the html if the encoding UTF-8 is selected? I use charset windows-1253.

I have try to modify SapCP on xml (with stop and start of service) but the system work in the same mode.

Thank you very much,

GLuca

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simeone,

1) In the sourcecode view of a HTML page you can see for which charset the page was designed if there is a meta-tag "content-type". Further information: http://www.w3.org/International/O-charset

2) In your browser you can see which charset was selected (automatically by the browser according to 1) - or manually by you).

a) Internet Explorer: View --> Encoding.

b) Mozilla: View --> Character Coding.

Regards,

Henning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately the system doesn't work.

I have try with UTF-8; with a new value into xml on the server, etc but the result is the same.

If I try to execute fm 'SYSTEM_CODEPAGE' on the R/3 system (with Greek language) the result is CODEPAGE and CURRENT_DYNAMIC_CODEPAGE equals to 6500.

Can it help to solve the problem?

Thank you very mutch,

Gianluca

Message was edited by: Simeone Gianluca