cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM AS CAREER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am working as a SAP MM support consultant in an MNC since past four months and had a functional experience of two and half years in purchasing and logistics too .

Dear all can you tell me what should i do so as to make a successful career in SRM.? How long should i stay in MM and what sholud I learn besides MM.

Whant is the TECHNO-FUNCTIONAL thing in here? Do i need some programming knowledge in it. At home can i do some technical learning?

thanks in advance.

Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak

Good MM base helps lot to understand SRM quickly as the basic process is same .

How ever you should be familar with BADIS and BAPIs as

lot BADIs are used in SRM and lot of changes and validations can be doen through BADIS only .

SRM deals with interfaces programms and uses RFC call and XI interface to communicate data with other systems and SAP R3.

regards,

Nimish sheth

Do reward points for helpful answers.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys thanks,

Can any one of u send me some book list and links to some good PDF's that will increase my knowledge base.

my email id is deepakandhale@gmail.com

points rewarded and will be rewarded again.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nimish and Disha,

That will help a lot.

Do even tell me about the certification also. At what point of time should i take the certification course. i mean that when should i feel that i am now eligible to go for it . or simply how long should i stay in MM.

Thanks again.

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To learn SRM,you should have the basic knowledge of the MM processes.In addition to that,you should also have a good knowledge of SRM product(various components)/std functionalities.

Knowledge of web technologies is also an added advantage as the applications in SRM are web based.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.