cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicated Product Categories not available in EBP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We replicated all the Material Groups from our backend (R/3) but in EBP (SC item) the Product Categories (PC) are not available. That is, when I search for the PC the search returns “No values for this selection.”

In COMM_HIERARCHY I do see all the replicated PCs under hierarchy R3MATCLASS. Although when I try to change the PCs I get a message, “Hierarchy R3MATCLASS may only be changed in the original system R3DEV100.” I believe this is standard.

In COMM_ARAPPLCAT, I do Hierarchy id R3MATCLASS selected for application “Purchasing”

We have applied all the steps listed in SAP note 720819 and replicated the data using R3AS. Checked the R3AM1 and all (DNL_CUST_BASIS3, DNL_CUST_PROD0 & DNL_CUST_PROD1) have a status of ‘Done’

In addition, we also referenced SAP note 442277.

Questions:

1) Why cannot I see (search for) the Product Categories?

To be able to order a Shopping Card (SC) I created a new Hierarchy and some PCs and updated COMM_ARAPPLCAT with the new Hierarchy. When I did this, I was able to see and search for the new PCs. I was able to create SC and order the SC. A requisition was created from the SC item in the backend (R/3). However, when I tried to create a PO from the requisition I get an error “Doc. type/item cat. EC/ (requisition) <-> NB/ (purch. order)”

Questions:

1) What does the error mean?

2) How do I fix the error?

3) Is the error related to PC?

Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Naing

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naing,

Message "R3MATCLASS may only be changed in the original system R3DEV100." is a correct message. You cannot change name of material groups in EBP. You can do this in R/3 system.

If You have in R3AM1 following objects (column 'Block' must be greater than zero):

- DNL_CUST_BASIS3 status: done (green)

- DNL_CUST_PROD0 status: done (green)

- DNL_CUST_PROD1 status: done (green)

Go to transaction COMM_HIERARCHY and click Start. Double click in R3MATCLASS. Click on R3MATCLASS\R3MATCLASSR3DEV100.

In this point You can see all downloaded material groups from R/3 system.

Every local material group must be in R3MATCLASS\R3MATCLASS<your_srm_logical_system>.

Next step is to download materials from R/3.

in R3AS select MATERIAL Object and check in R3AM1 if its downloading.

If You create SC from local material group (local = don't exist in R/3) and transfer it to R/3 as a requisition the backend system checks if this product exist in material management (by material ID) and if material group exists.

Try to order in SC a backend material and see if this error occurs again.

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did run R3AM1 following objects (column 'Block' must be greater than zero):

- DNL_CUST_BASIS3 status: done (green)

- DNL_CUST_PROD0 status: done (green)

- DNL_CUST_PROD1 status: done (green)

I am able to see Product Catagories under R3MATCLASS\R3MATCLASSR3DEV100 in COMM_HIERARCHY. I also have R3MATCLASS\R3MATCLASSSRMCLNTDEV100 which has no PC. COMM_HIERARCHY does complain the R3MATCLASSSRMCLNTDEV100 is too long.

I re-ran R3AM1 for DNL_CUST_PROD1...but I had to cancel it because the status stayed at "running".

Should I delete the PC R3MATCLASS\R3MATCLASSR3DEV100 and R3MATCLASS\R3MATCLASSSRMCLNTDEV100? Then re-0replicate the PC?

Do we need to download materials from R/3? We are not planning to order R/3 material from EBP. All the item we order via a SC will be ad hoc or from CCM.

I did create a Material Group (LOCALCLAS) in R/3 to correspond to the Product Catgory (LOCALCLAS) in SRM.

Thanks,

Naing

naing_zaw-tun@mentor.com

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out the reasong for the error “Doc. type/item cat. EC/ (requisition) <-> NB/ (purch. order)”

I needed to in "Link Purchase Requisition – document type" in the backend (R/3)

SPRO: Material Management -> Purchasing -> Purchasing Requisition -> Define Document Types.

Select the doc. type and double click ‘Link Purchase Requisition – document type’

I still have not figured out "Why cannot I see (search for) the Product Categories?"

Thanks,

Naing.

I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naing,

in PPOMA_BBP for Purchasing Group and Responsibility Tab add a backend source system and wildcart '*' for Product category.

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you maintain the product categories you want to see in the shop application in the organisational model?

For a quick check:

1. Go to ppoma_bbp

2. on your top level node go to the extended attributes tab

3. click on the product categories radiobutton

4. enter * under product category and the corresponding backend under source system

5. save

6. check the shop application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robin,

I did "enter * under product category and the corresponding backend under source system". I also assign Product Catagory in COMM_PRAPPLCAT. Is there some other configurtation I ma missing?

Thanks,

Naing