cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Import failure into CMS Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I am setting up the XSS custom development NWDI Configuration for client and I was able to imports all SCA(SAPJEE, SAPJTECHS, SAPBUILDT, PCUIGP and MSS) files into cms for both dev and cons except for ESS. I verified all the sap notes for pre-requisites and the RAM is 4GB.

I am getting the following error in the first step of import which is Repository-Import while importing ESS into Dev in CMS.

Info:Starting Step Repository-import at 2006-10-27 14:30:09.0070 -4:00

Info:Component:sap.com/SAP_ESS

Info:Version :MAIN_xss04PAT_C.20061018092157

Info:1. PR is of type TCSSoftwareComponent

Fatal Exception:com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSCommunicationException: communication error: VcmFailure received: Internal Server Error [(pre||post)-condition failed: Internal Server Error]:communication error: VcmFailure received: Internal Server Error [(pre||post)-condition failed: Internal Server Error]

com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSCommunicationException: communication error: VcmFailure received: Internal Server Error [(pre||post)-condition failed: Internal Server Error]

at com.sap.cms.tcs.client.DTRCommunicator.integrateChangelist(DTRCommunicator.java:381)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.core.RepositoryImportTask.processRepositoryImport(RepositoryImportTask.java:295)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.core.RepositoryImportTask.process(RepositoryImportTask.java:500)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.process.ProcessStep.processStep(ProcessStep.java:77)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.process.ProcessStarter.process(ProcessStarter.java:179)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.core.TCSManager.importPropagationRequests(TCSManager.java:376)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.importazione.ImportManager.importazione(ImportManager.java:216)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.importazione.ImportQueueHandler.execImport(ImportQueueHandler.java:585)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.importazione.ImportQueueHandler.startImport(ImportQueueHandler.java:101)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.proxy.CmsTransportProxyBean.startImport(CmsTransportProxyBean.java:583)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.proxy.CmsTransportProxyBean.startImport(CmsTransportProxyBean.java:559)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.proxy.LocalCmsTransportProxyLocalObjectImpl0.startImport(LocalCmsTransportProxyLocalObjectImpl0.java:1252)

at com.sap.cms.ui.wl.Custom1.importQueue(Custom1.java:1169)

at com.sap.cms.ui.wl.wdp.InternalCustom1.importQueue(InternalCustom1.java:2162)

at com.sap.cms.ui.wl.Worklist.onActionImportQueue(Worklist.java:880)

at com.sap.cms.ui.wl.wdp.InternalWorklist.wdInvokeEventHandler(InternalWorklist.java:2338)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.invokeEventHandler(DelegatingView.java:87)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Action.fire(Action.java:67)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doHandleActionEvent(WindowPhaseModel.java:422)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:133)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WebDynproWindow.processRequest(WebDynproWindow.java:344)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:143)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:298)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessingStandalone(ClientSession.java:705)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessing(ClientSession.java:659)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doProcessing(ClientSession.java:227)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:150)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:56)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doPost(DispatcherServlet.java:47)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:390)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:264)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:347)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:325)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:887)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:241)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:148)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged1(Native Method)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java(Compiled Code))

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java(Compiled Code))

Info:Step Repository-import ended with result 'fatal error' ,stopping execution at 2006-10-27 14:39:41.0505 -4:00

Can any one please direct to appropriate actions that i have to take in order to get the ESS import successfull.

Thanks a lot,

Shekhar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

see note 988010

former_member191388
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you found out the solution to this problem. Since I am also facing the same problem.

Thanks & regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Is there any solution for this type of issue (ESS import failed into development), here we are also facing the same issue. Please let me know if u have found any solution to this problem. The requirement is very urgent.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since it says "VcmFailure received: Internal Server Error [(pre||post)-condition failed: Internal Server Error]" this looks like a problem with DTR.

Are there any error messages in the log for the DTR? Especially with ESS I would check for database issues (not enough connections, not enough table space, not enough temp space, timeouts, ...) as the import of ESS into DTR is a rather heavy database operation.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your quick respone. I hav echecked the log file and here are the details about the log file

Fatal Exception:com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSCommunicationException: communication error: VcmFailureException received: Communication error [cause: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.]:communication error: VcmFailureException received: Communication error [cause: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.]

com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSCommunicationException: communication error: VcmFailureException received: Communication error [cause: There is no process to read data written to a pipe.]

at com.sap.cms.tcs.client.DTRCommunicator.writeChangelistData(DTRCommunicator.java:264)

In the details of the development tab for SAP_ESS, I can see only one log file for "Repository-tool" and for the other two options ("CBS-make and SDM-deploy") it is showing the return code as "Not executed" and "view log file" option is not enable.

And also I have checked the compartment for ESS component in CBS, there it showing 0 DCs for sap.com_SAP_ESS_1 SC.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

hm... that's probably the wrong log. I meant the application log of the DTR application or the default trace via Visual Administrator, nwadmin or the standalone logviewer. You will not see this from the CMS WebUI.

When you import an SCA using CMS it will first try to put any sources contained in the SCA into DTR. Only if that succeeds it will import build archives into CBS. The error message indicates a problem with DTR and the fact that CBS-make and SDM-deploy were "not executed" confirms that.

From the CMS point of view there was a problem getting sources into DTR. The question is: Why did the DTR import fail? The CMS log only shows that there was a problem, not what the real problem was. The DTR logs should give more information.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marc, Thanks for the response. The log I have given you is details about import failed that is not the DTR log information. I did not find the DTR log file. Can you please tell me where to find the DTR log file.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the standalone Log Viewer or the Log Viewer service in Visual Administrator and browser to /usr/sap/<SID>/JC<sysnr>/j2ee/cluster/server<x>/sap.com/tcdtrenterpriseapp.