cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional execution of syndication server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement for conditional execution of syndication server. Is it possible to automate syndication server to run based on a predefined search and Map. I know we can do using syndication client but can we do the same using syndication server. Thank you in advance.

Regards

Bala Pochareddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

cc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure what kind of "Conditional Execution" you are looking for.

Syndication Server is based on the "Port" concept and we can associate an already saved Syndicator Map that also includes your Search criteria. So, the syndication server simply executes this map at a defined interval and places the file in the appropriate folder of the "Port". But, Syndication server cannot determine the map to be executed based on a condition and it also cannot determine search criteria within a map based on a condition.

If your requirement is to execute a map based on a condition, I suggest you to use "Syndicator Batch" commands and use a program that triggers appropriate map based on this condition.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply. The challenge I am facing is when we schedule syndication server we don't want syndication to happen(send updated records) for all updates. we want syndication to happen (send records) based on the values of updation. You mentioned the search criteria can be included with map i noticed it can be done only in Syndication client. Can you please let me know is there a way we can do same with syndication server or syndication batch.

One more question, is there a way to send only delta values I noticed syndication is generating complete record based on the map. Thank you for the help.

Bala Pochareddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

When you create the Syndication Map in the Syndicator, the search criteria is saved as part of the map. Therefore, when the Syndication Server executes the Syndication Map, it only syndicates records that meet the search criteria.

As to your second question, there is no way to send just updated values, it sends all fields that are mapped in the Syndication Map.

Hope this helps,

Richard