cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault message types: Why do we need them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a bpm scenario created, tested and working.

This bpm starts with a async receive, a Sync Send to a R3 system by an ABAP proxy and a final async send to the original system.

I'm contemplating exception handling and other type of errors. Meaning, if the abap proxy dumps I can raise an exception and map it on the XI environment. The thing is, on sxmb_moni I get the exception handler, with the exception texts, id's, etc... from the R3 being mapped to the XI fault message type.

But the problem is I can't get to map the text from the fault message type into any field from the response of the original system.

I've searched the forum and I've seen that this area is surrounded by doubts and questions...

But in the end I'm forced to place the question, why do I need the fault message types? What use can I give them, besides of the cute little thunder on the sxmb_moni?

Thanks for your attention guys

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I've read the SAP description about Fault Message Types but I'm still struggling on how to use them correctly.

Why do we need them if I can't do nothing with it on the BPM side? After the mapping of the FMT, I'd like to acess it so that I can send a description back to the original system...The thing is, in BPM you can't acess the FMT, you can only create a new BRANCH (on a block step) for it...

I've tried to acess the description text on trace which comes with the message, but it seems that the trace only serves for posting info, and not for getting any...

The Mapping Runtime Constants have some information where you can read some descriptions, but nothing related to the errors....You can read the Receiver service, sender, interface_namespace, but nothing from the ERROR tag...

Is there a way to get the description? Or anything related to the error tag?

Thanks in advance

Answers (0)