cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC DataSource exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody.

I'm facing the problem described below using Netweaver J2EE Engine 6.40 and JDBC Connection Pooling:

I have a EJB contacted by several client contemporarly.

The EJB perform a very simple task:

- get a datasource from the JNDI context

- get a connection from the datasource

- set autocommit to false

- create a statement from the conneciton

- run a SQL query and get the result set.

Everything work fine when the number of contemporary client is less than 4. When I use 4 contemporary client I have an execption during the createStatement operation (just befor the invocation of createStatement the connection is not closed (conn.isClosed() is equals to FALSE).

The Exception raised looks like "Unable to submit request - Connection is already closed".

The Connection Pooler in the JDBC Service is configured to have 2 initial connection and 10 maximum connection

The backend system is a Teradata database and I'm usign the Teradata type 4 JDBC driver.

Have someone some idea ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the settings for the maximum number of concurrents connection in your datasource (DB)?

regards,

Dion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dion,

thanks a lot for your reply.

I don't think that the problem come from the back-end because the same application works perfecly using JBOSS as J2EE application server.

I'm convincing that the problem relies on some Netweaver misconfiguration but I'm not able to undertand which one.

Any other idea will be appretiated.

Regards

Alfredo