cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update SPAM

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have upraded tp and sapevt before attempting to import SPAM update 18. All works ok until the DDIC-ACTIVATION phase which just seems to hang. Occasionally it will go past this and hange on the 'Distributing DDIC-OBJECTS' phase. I have reset it endless times and would no like to delete it out of the way to attempt to import the patchs 25-27 instead. (Some progress would be nice!). I have attempted to upgrade the kernel as well but my work processes just die immediately on start up so I have reverted back to the 'standard' version.

Any clues anyone? I have read the post here countless times but what works for some does not seem to work for me! Desperation is setting in rapidly.

Thanks in advance

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, I am sorry I moved you into the wrong direction but I think you are having an issue with your Precompiler Runtime (I had the same). Have a look at OSS Note 557227. Follow the steps described in this document and your Work Processes should stay alive. Tiest

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Continued thanks Tiest. I have downloaded the patch and will try it out at lunchtime.

Ian

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Tiest

You are a star!!!

The patch worked and I updated SPAM to version 18. I am now importing the support packs to 37 before upgrading the kernel again according info given by Craig.

Many, many thanks for helping out and also to those others that also had input.

I will have to logon at home under my other account to award the points as I created the post with that account.

Cheers

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, glad to hear your problem is solved. I finished my MiniWAS patching till SP 47 so keep me informed on any issues you run in to. Tiest

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As it happens, I only got as far as SP26 as this now aborts with an error message below:

- Error in phase: XPRA_EXECUTION

- Reason for error: TP_STEP_FAILURE

- Return code: 0012

- Error message: OCS Package SAPKA62026, tp step R, return code

I will have a look at the OSS notes etc.

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, so we can close this issue as well, correct? Now SP26 is in your next moment will be SP37. New Kernel upgrade required but should work smoothly, just unpack and move into the appropiate directory. Keep me informed, Tiest

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,Ian Stubbings

My system. R3 Ext470 *200 WAS 620 Unicode

I meet the same problem

Error in phase: XPRA_EXECUTION

- Reason for error: TP_STEP_FAILURE

- Return code: 0012

- Error message: OCS Package SAPKH47023, tp step R, return code

and log SAPKH47023.<sid>:

3 EPU123 Follow-up action "AFTER_IMP_FORM" for "FORM" "L" ended at "20050530111753"

2 EPU122XFollow-up action "G_RW_AFTER_IMPORT" for "GRW_VARIABLE" "T" started at "20050530111753"

1AETR012XProgram terminated (job: "RDDEXECL", no.: "11174701")

1AEPU320 See job log"RDDEXECL""11174701""RF2"

1 ETP162 EXECUTION OF REPORTS AFTER PUT

1 ETP110 end date and time : "20050530111832"

1 ETP111 exit code : "12"

1 ETP199 ######################################

If you have solved this problem , I need your help

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, did you perform a complete Kernel upgrade, both DB dependent as well as independent? If so which Kernel files did you use? After downloading these packages and having unpacked them, I have moved them to your MiniWAS directory (make back-up first) and the Kernel as well as the TP was upgraded with no problem.

Kind regards, Tiest

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tiest

I unpacked the SAPEXEDB_1271-10001664.SAR and SAPEXE_1271-10001660.SAR and moved the contents of both to the miniwas directory. I then started the miniwas and immediately after it started ok all the work processes die and the dispatcher performs an emergency shutdown.

Am I using the wrong files?

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Right. I only moved over the files that would be replaced and the usual occurred:

C:\MiniWAS>disp+work.exe break pf=BSP_D00.pfl

dp Ctrl-C enabled

rslgwr1(21): Searching for overlap point in pre-existing SysLog file...

gw Ctrl-C enabled

IcmHandleArgs: Illegal option break

dp Ctrl-C enabled

dp Ctrl-C enabled

dp Ctrl-C enabled

• ICM up and operational (pid: 896) ***

• work process W1 died => tskh_init: db_connect

• work process W0 died => tskh_init: db_connect

• work process W2 died => tskh_init: db_connect

• DISPATCHER EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN => DpEnvCheck: no more work processes

Shutdown ICM server ....

• ICM shutdown completed (pid: 896) ***

Still no joy!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, I believe this is caused by incorrect settings in your BSP_D00.pfl file. Look up the following parameter setting in this file:

rdisp/wp_no_dia

rdisp/wp_no_btc

rdisp/wp_no_spo

rdisp/wp_no_vb

rdisp/wp_no_enq

After having identified these parameters validate the current values and modify these to the values below:

rdisp/wp_no_dia = 2

rdisp/wp_no_btc = 2

rdisp/wp_no_spo = 1

rdisp/wp_no_vb = 1

rdisp/wp_no_enq = 1

Save the file (don't forget to make a copy of the original file) and restart your MiniWAS. Tiest

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tiest

Thanks for persevering. I have just tried your suggestion but unfortunately I just ended up with more work processes dying.

Ian