cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incident/Accident Log - Create description field in new tab page

0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a question about Incident/Accident Log.

In the Incident/Accident Log, a new tab page and fields inside it can be created using class and characteristics, respectively. The characteristic value field is limited to 30 characters length by the system.

Is there any way a field for comments (say, of 100 characters minimum length) can be created in the tab page.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

I don't think there is any standard way to increase characteristic value field. However, you may want to consider a workaround. You may create a 'Multivalue' characteristic with 30 characters length. This gives you an option of entering multiple lines of 30 characters. The problem with this is... SAP automatically sorts the values.

For example,

if you enter

THIS IS A MULTIVALUE

CHARACTERISTIC WITH 30

CHARACTERS IN LENGTH. I NEED

TO ENTER COMMENTS THAT ARE

MORE THAN 30 CHARACTERS.

(Please note that I am putting the word in next line if it cannot be accomodated fully in the current line. That means, some lines may contain less than 30 characters.)

SAP Shows it as,

CHARACTERISTIC WITH 30

CHARACTERS IN LENGTH. I NEED

MORE THAN 30 CHARACTERS.

THIS IS A MULTIVALUE

TO ENTER COMMENTS THAT ARE

You may put numbers infront of each line to avoid this.

1 THIS IS A MULTIVALUE

2 CHARACTERISTIC WITH 30

3 CHARACTERS IN LENGTH. I

4 NEED TO ENTER COMMENTS THAT

5 ARE MORE THAN 30 CHARACTERS.

I know it is not the best solution, but worth giving a shot.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

I know we can do a walkaround using multivalue characteristics or even multiple characteristics. What I was looking for was, how to provide a comment box that can take in more than 30 characters so that the user can type in information coniguously.

Thanks for your information. I have awarded points for your answer.

Regards,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mohan n pranav

make use of user defined text type

cretae user defined text type for IAL as Description - it will appear in documenst tab, selct Description user defined text type and eneter as many as upto 132 characters, which is 32 % more than ur requirement.

thanks and regrads

mandar sathe