Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP 5.0 --> MS Exchange 2000

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking to build an iView equivalent of the desktop client version of "Outlook Today". I would like to bring forward today and tomorrows meetings, tasks, and messages. I need to be able to do this without having an Outlook client installed on the desktop. I believe I should be able to hit the MS Exchange server, pass it the proper username and have it give me the information I need in order to develop this iView.

I was informed that this might be accomplished using C#, CDO and MAPI however my quest for examples has yielded few results.

Has anyone ever built anything similar to this or just hit the MS Exchange server from a page and brought back information?

I do not want to just rip data out of OWA by using something like ASP Tear or similar.

Our landscape currently includes MS Exchange 2000 and we are using EP 5. In near future we plan to move to MS Exchange 2003 and shortly after that we will be moving to EP 6. Having said that, if there is a way to develop this in such a way that there can be few changes to make when we do convert that would be fantastic.

thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can easily achieve this without programming using Outlook Web Access (OWA). A special ISAPI filter allows Single-Sign-On. Please see SAP note 785343.

larry_chaput
Participant
0 Kudos

On the surface this would appear to be the perfect solution but OWA does not provide an "Outlook Today" page.

I also listed in my initial post that I was not looking to just rip pieces of OWA apart in order to create the "Outlook Today" iView, I wanted to hit the MS Exchange server to bring back the appropriate information.

Any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

I am looking for the same. We are currently using <i>SAP EP 6.0 SPS14 on basis of SAP Java WebAs 6.40</i> and <i>MS Exchange 2003</i>. Did you acomplish the integration of an <b>"Outlook-Today"</b> like overview?

Would be greate if you could point me to the right direction.

Kind regards,

Martin