cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Settings for BADI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to set BADI to transmit contracts from SRM to MM and I am going >>>Customizing under BADi --> Follow on documents --> Create Contract in back-end but then I do not know how to move.

Could you please explain me basic settings for BADI.How to set and configure ?

Thanks in Advance,

#Bill J.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill,

Hi. You would only implement this BADI if you would like to modify the functionality/values of the contract interface to MM.

To do this proceed as follows:-

1) Press the execute button (As per you navigation in SPRO mentioned).

2) Specify an implementation name (Start with a Z or Y) - press enter (You will need a developers key from service.sap.com)

3) Give the implementation a name and SAVE to a transport package

4) Select the interfaces table and navigate (double click) on the method applicable (CONTRACT_INTERFACE_FILL or CONTRACT_PROCESS_TYPE_FILL)

5) Enter the code you would like SAVE & activate.

6) Go back to the implementation (F3 to go back) and activate the implementation (CTRL-F3).

7) Test and if this works transport the development through the landscape.

Cheers

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rob,

thanks for your answer. I have just a couple of point:

1)“You would only implement this BADI if you would like to modify the functionality/values of the contract interface to MM”: in our scenario we are planning to create contract in SRM and replicate them to back-end. PR and PO will be created in R/3 against replicated contract. BBP_CTR_BE_CREATE is the correct BADi to replicate contract?? Do we need to set something in the back-end?

2)“CONTRACT_INTERFACE_FILL or CONTRACT_PROCESS_TYPE_FILL”: what are the differences between these two methods? When do we have to use one or the other

#Bill J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill,

Hi. In answer to your points....

1) I think the Contract would be replicated to R3 automatically - check your configuration. Some usefull documentation links service.sap.com/instguides or service.sap.com/srm (SRM in detail & the version).

2) You can determine the function of the two methods from the IMG (Transaction SPRO) and instead of selecting the 'Execute' icon try selecting the text icon (looks like a piece of paper with some glasses on it). I just did this and the help document list the methods and includes additional navigation into each method and thier respective functions.

Cheers

Rob