cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE engine won't start anymore

0 Kudos

Dear all,

since yesterday I'm facing a very strange error on my 7.00 java add-in.

I installed the server (ABAP+JavaAddIn) about a week ago.

Everything went smoothly and I applied Support Package Stack 9.

After the stack was installed I updated the kernel to patchlevel 75. The system was restarted and I was able to access the java stack.

Yesterday in the morning I restarted the system again and the ABAP stack did come up as intended. The java stack didn't come up and the trace files show the following errors:

Oct 27, 2006 8:01:27 AM com.sap.security.core.persistence [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_55] Fatal: Initialization of UME persistence adapter "PRIVATE_DATASOURCE" failed.

service com.sap.security.core.ume.service ================= ERROR =================

Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.frame.KernelResourceBundle', ID='UME initialization failed.', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key UME initialization failed.

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:372)

at com.sap.engine.frame.ApplicationFrameAdaptor.start(ApplicationFrameAdaptor.java:31)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:79)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:150)

Caused by: com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.PersistenceException: null

ume.db.connection_pool_type=SAP/BC_UME

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.xatransactions_used=false

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.is_unicode=FALSE

ume.db.connection_pool.j2ee.oracle_native_driver_used=false: (No text available)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.DataBasePersistence.init(DataBasePersistence.java:865)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.<init>(PrincipalDatabagFactoryInstance.java:356)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.newInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:156)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:109)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getInstance(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:56)

at com.sap.security.core.InternalUMFactory.initializeUME(InternalUMFactory.java:266)

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:279)

Has anyone seen something like this before?

I never have and I'm at my wits' end.

Best regards,

Bastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bastian,

See this thread:

Regards, Suresh KB

0 Kudos

It was the Oracle processes.

I increased the number from 80 to 200 and everything worked fine again.

Anyhow I didn't find error messages in /bootstrap/system.log. There only were some Oracle error in the default.0.trc.