cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read, judge, update in a DB transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to implement following senario:

1. A synchronous sender abap proxy send out a request with some data.

2. the another-side database is queried using the the data the abap proxy sent to it.

3. if the result of the query is A, update correspond field, send the result back to SAP.

if the result of the query is B, update another correspond of field, send the result back to SAP.

No operation such as insert / update will be permited between step 2 and 3.

How can I do this?

B'Rgds,

YiNing

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi YiNing ,

Me again

As you will be selecting and updating the DB in different steps of the BPM, I dont think this can be handled using the JDBC adapter 's transaction handling mechanism . Reason is each of these calls will be independent of the previous call in your BPM.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In step 2 and 3 update means updation of the response structure to SAP or Data base ?

If it is updation of the sap response structure then you can do it with out any insert or update operations.

Send result back to SAp mean in which mode ? ( by RFC or IDOC )..

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nanda, the update is in DB. I want to use multiple <statement> tag in XI JDBC Adapter.

Now I'm trying to combine the the select and update statement into one statement. Maybe it will works.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

If you can figure out any better idea or suggestion, points will also be given out:)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Bhavesh told is right. As a workaround, can't aou do the comparision in a stored procedure? So that it will be atomic.

Regards

Suraj