cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding SAP standard iviews in Tab controls with Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to develop a Web Dynpro application using TabStrip control. I have to display SAP standard iViiw(ex: KM navingation iView, expore iView) in each Tab. How can I embed iViews in each Tab in Web Dynpro.

Thanks

Tats

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christopher_griffin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tatayya

Did you find a solution to this? I have the same issue.

Thanks

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I didn get the solution in Web Dynpro.

I am displaying tab strip in Web Dynpro and each contain on iView (created using km navigation iview). I am embedding these iviews in each tab using IFrame UI element.

Thanks

Tatayya M

christopher_griffin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tatayya

Thanks for the reply.

I have considered this idea, but I read in a different post that it is not a good idea, since the session is reset every time the user makes a request through web dynpro.

Did it work ok for you? Were there any restrictions?

I guess if you have no other web dynpro commands on the current tab, it might not matter...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Since I am embedding only KM iViews, I don't have any problem. I don't have any other UI elements or any other functinality inside the tabs.

So, I think there won't be any problem.

Thanks

Tatayya M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

using the IFrame UI element to display an iView inside a WD application will not work in general as the iFrame is reloaded after each request executed for the embedding WD application. In case that the iView is "stateless" this restriction is perhaps not so hard but you should nevertheless make sure that the ongoing reloading of the iFrame does NOT create new sessions again and again on the server-side for the iView running in the iFrame.

With the next NetWeaver release we will provide a capability to define page layouts using WD components. Doing this it will be easily possible to define a page layout showing several iViews in different tabs of a tab strip.

Best regards

Jochen