cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS source Import into development system fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here we have the requirement for ESS modefications. For that we have download the ESS business package. We are installed JDI system seperately and created a track.

ESS SAPESS05_0-20000512.sca this is the sca file we have downloaded from SAP and added this software component to track and also added MSS,PSS,and ASR archives from SAP.

The problem we are facing here is the checkin success for the archives but failure in importing the ESS components. I have followed the same procedure as mentioned in JDI cookbook.

The log gives the folloiwng cause for failure.

Fatal

Exception:com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSCommunicationExceptio

n: communication error: VcmFailure received: Internal Server Error

[(pre||post)-condition failed: Internal Server Error]:communication

error: VcmFailure received: Internal Server Error [(pre||post)-

condition failed: Internal Server Error]

com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSCommunicationException:

communication error: VcmFailure received: Internal Server Error

[(pre||post)-condition failed: Internal Server Error]

at com.sap.cms.tcs.client.DTRCommunicator.integrateChangelist

(DTRCommunicator.java:381)

Can anybody please help me what needs to done.

Regards

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

since the log only indicates some internal error related to DTR you should check the server logs if there's a more detailed error message.

If DTR throws internal server errors this might indicate some problem with the database.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your quick response.

Can you please tell me how to check the server logs. Here I do not have the authorizations to check the logs in server. Anyway provide the information how and where the logs can be avaialable. I will tell them to check the logs and let you know what the log file shows.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Here is the details of the error message

com.sap.cms.util.exception.CMSUnexpectedException: cannot load file: /usr/sap/trans/CMS/inbox/SAPESS06_0-20000512.SCA Error: Could not extract file SOURCEARCHIVES/DTRSAP_ESS.sc from archive /usr/sap/trans/CMS/inbox/SAPESS06_0-20000512.SCAAdditional error message is:No space left on device

But we have increased the disk space, still the ESS component file is not imported into development system.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

And also here is the log messages of cms log file after import failed to development system.

Fatal:The request queue is not processed by the CBS during the given time intervall => TCS cannot import the request because queue is not empty

Fatal:Please look after the operational status of the CBS.

Fatal Exception:com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSCommunicationException: communication error: The request queue is not processed during the given time intervall. Please look after the operational status of the CBS.:communication error: The request queue is not processed during the given time intervall. Please look after the operational status of the CBS.

com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSCommunicationException: communication error: The request queue is not processed during the given time intervall. Please look after the operational status of the CBS.

at com.sap.cms.tcs.client.CBSCommunicator.importRequest(CBSCommunicator.java:370)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.core.CbsMakeTask.processMake(CbsMakeTask.java:120)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.core.CbsMakeTask.process(CbsMakeTask.java:347)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.process.ProcessStep.processStep(ProcessStep.java:77)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.process.ProcessStarter.process(ProcessStarter.java:197)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.core.TCSManager.importPropagationRequests(TCSManager.java:376)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.importazione.ImportManager.importazione(ImportManager.java:227)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.importazione.ImportQueueHandler.execImport(ImportQueueHandler.java:634)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.importazione.ImportQueueHandler.startImport(ImportQueueHandler.java:103)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.proxy.CmsTransportProxyBean.startImport(CmsTransportProxyBean.java:584)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.proxy.CmsTransportProxyBean.startImport(CmsTransportProxyBean.java:560)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.proxy.LocalCmsTransportProxyLocalObjectImpl0.startImport(LocalCmsTransportProxyLocalObjectImpl0.java:1152)

at com.sap.cms.ui.wl.Custom1.importQueue(Custom1.java:1198)

at com.sap.cms.ui.wl.wdp.InternalCustom1.importQueue(InternalCustom1.java:2215)

at com.sap.cms.ui.wl.Worklist.onActionImportQueue(Worklist.java:881)

at com.sap.cms.ui.wl.wdp.InternalWorklist.wdInvokeEventHandler(InternalWorklist.java:2390)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.invokeEventHandler(DelegatingView.java:87)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Action.fire(Action.java:67)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doHandleActionEvent(WindowPhaseModel.java:420)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:132)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WebDynproWindow.processRequest(WebDynproWindow.java:335)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:143)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:299)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessingStandalone(ClientSession.java:711)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessing(ClientSession.java:665)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doProcessing(ClientSession.java:232)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:152)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:62)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doPost(DispatcherServlet.java:53)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:390)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:264)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:347)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:325)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:887)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:241)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:148)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

Info:Step CBS-make ended with result 'fatal error' ,stopping execution at 2006-10-21 23:26:51.0407 -4:00

Please help me what needs to be done to resolve the issue.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

to view the server logs you needs access to the engine, e.g. using Visual Admin, the standalone logviewer or the NWadmin (http://..../nwa) depending on the exact version and personal preferences. (Some people rather use notepad to read the logs :->)

I'm not sure about the exact location where CMS tries to extract that file from the SCA. You can just open the SCA using WinZIP or WinRAR and check how large that file should be. I'd probably check the engine users Temp-directory, the engine installation itself or the configuration CMS transport directory if there really is enough space left.

I'd ignore the CBS error until the DTR issue is solved: Unless the sources are correctly imported into the DTR what should the CBS build? I'd maybe just check if the CBS service property "idleMode" is still set to true (common pitfall), but I would only worry about CBS after DTR import was successful.

Regards,

Marc

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

hi Sachin, I am also facing the same issue. Did you find any solution to this problem.?If yes, plz let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I also have this problem. I don't know what is the file DTRSA-_ESS.sc. I could't find a way to open this file. Who knows, please give me some suggestion.

Thanks a million~

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The “inbox” folder can be found under the following path: “<CMS Transport Directory>\CMS\inbox”, where the <CMS Transport Directory> is specified in the “Domain Data” tab of the CMS Landscape Configurator.

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Did you found out the solution to this problem. Since I am also facing the same problem.

I applied the work around no luck

Theo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have faced the same issue.Resolved by copying th SCA files in to the inbox folder.

Thanks,

Abdul Raheem S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul

I am not to sure what you mean by copying rhe SCA files into the Inbox

You need to copy the main ESS SCA file to the inbox folder inorder to import it

Theo

mmmonteverde
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm having also this issue and I've tried with the workaround, but without success... Abdul, can you tell us what do sou mean with copying the files in the inbox??.. I've made also the workaround to this SCA and nothing happens either...

Regards and waiting anxiously for your answer,

María Margarita

Former Member
0 Kudos

found a SAP note,

please see if it is useful to your problem:

Note 988010 - Repository import stops due to 'incomplete source import'

please let me know if you would like me to past the contents here.

with respect,

amit