cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS 6.2 Patch 21 EWT problems with system messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently upgraded our standalone ITS 6.2 from patch 13 to patch 21. Our Internet Explorer is 6.0.

We have a number of EWT's delivered through EP6.0(patch 18) including the ESSMSS business package 5.0.

Our HR system is 4.6C SAPKE46CB4 and BASIS is SAPKB46C52.

The problem is that when a system message is entered on our 4.6C system is now interrupts the EWT with a dialogue message box. If the user cancels or green ticks the message the original EWT e.g. PZ13 displays as webgui for HTML. This look and feel is significantly different to EWT e.g. colours, SAP menu, header etc.

My question is if anyone knows how to fix this unexpected behaviour when a system message is issued. As the PZ13 transaction is a standard ESSMSS package 5 EWT it doesn't have a service file and the global.srvc file appears not to have been updated by the support packages.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Liz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

Please check if the combination of parameter ~webgui_show_system_modal 0 and SAP note 695921 helps to solve the problem.

Thanks and regards,

Dieter

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To All

Sorry forgot to say we edited the global.srvc file as of course EWT's don't have service files.

Liz

Former Member
0 Kudos

To let everyone know

Dieter's solution does look like it worked dsespite the fact note 695921 says ITS patch 7 or lower and we are on 21

Dieter's solution was

Please check if the combination of parameter ~webgui_show_system_modal 0 and SAP note 695921 helps to solve the problem

Awared full points to Dieter and hope to get verification of testing tomorrow, thanks to the forum.

Liz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dieter

Thanks for the reply. Since I wrote this I realised perhaps my problem was on our R/3 system which has also recently been patched. We went from SAPK46C49 to SAPK46C52. Note 695921 is on our system prior to last lot of patching as in SAPK46C47.

Can you please tell me how I would ~webgui_show_system_modal to all EWT's in our system as they don't have indiviual services. Do I cahnage global service?

Regards

Liz