Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Generic View For Table

Dear all,

I want to develop a generic component in a web dynpro DC that builds a table based on a ResultSet (dynamically). what is the best approach to do this?

Currently i'm doing the following:

My Generic component that has to build the table dynamically, receives its input through external context mapping from a component in another DC. The problem I currently have is, that i dont know when the data is received in my generic component. I tried to read it in wdDoInit() of the component controller, but at that time, it is still null. The mapping works when i have a String in my interface controller that gets mapped to component controller and from component controller to the view controller. This is not sufficient for me, because I cant directly show the resultset on the view. I have to know "when" i receive my resultset, so i can start the dynamic build of the table based on the resultset.

Am i using the right approach for reaching my goal? or are there other approaches that are better for making a generic component that can be embedded in other components and builds a table based on a ResultSet.

Kinds regards,

Joren

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question