cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO betwen EP and iSeries Access for Web

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Has anyone done Single sign on(SSO) between Enterprise Portals and AS400(iSeries access for Web) ever?

We have a legacy system on AS400 and the users use the traditional 5250 screen with the help of the iSeries Emulator installed on their desktops.

To get the web version(A URL) of this system,so that we can interface this with portals, we installed iSeries access for web. We are able to open and access the system now without iSeries emulator via the URL. This thing works great.

To integrate the system with the portal, we created a URL iView. It works just fine, but the problem is that you have to log on(provide the user ID and the password for the AS400 system) before the portal takes you into the web interface of the AS400.

Is there a way to do SSO between EP and iSeries access for Web? Has anyone done it before? What are our options?

Thanks

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

I happen to find a 55-page presentation "Configuring i5/OS Single Sign-On" by Mr. Patrick S. Botz. But I don't remember where I downloaded it. If interested, let me know how I can send it to you.

On the last page, two redbooks are mentioned - SG24-6975 and SG24-6193.

It looks to me that i5/OS was configured to use LDAP directories of Windows domain for most of cases. If your portal is pointed to a Windows domain, it could be a bit easier.

Thank you,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor

Thanks a lot for the response. At the moment my portals is not pointed to the LDAP, as we do not use it for any purpose, but if there is a need and if that is the only way, then we can think about pointing the Portal to the LDAP, or else we can always put in user ID & passowrd...

Can you pls email whatever documents you mentioned to the address guptabh2@gmail.com

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

The document is about 2MB. Please let me know if you don't receive it.

From my understanding, a LDAP server (there might be another technical correct term) would be required to enable SSO. Novell/SUSE solution was mentioned in SAP TechEd before. And there are some SAP-certified software listed on service.sap.com.

It would be very exciting to get it working!

Thank you,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

What SAP certified software is listed on service.sap.com? and where?

Can I set up a local LDAP(IBM directory server) on a iSeries and then use that for my portal and iSeries access for web to test the stuff??

Do you have any document from SAP Teched? The document u send talks about the windows and the iSeries setup...did not mention anything about portals anywhere..

Anyway, thanks a lot for all your time & help. I really appreciate it.

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

For certified software:

service.sap.com/security

- Certified security partners (on the left)

then

Partners for Single Sign-on solutions (on the right)

or

Partners for user management

More documents are available (just found )

Under service.sap.com/security

- security in detail

- archive (old documents)

Thank you,

Victor

Answers (0)