cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 3.0 running on XI 7.0 SLD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

Is it possible to connect an XI 3.0 (SP18) system to use the SLD of an XI 7.0 (SP9) system? Note that the SPs are equivalent.

Thanks,

J Wolff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible. You need make the SLD configuration in PI 7.0 point to XI 3.0 SLD. You need to maintain the transcation SLDAPICUST change the URL of the SLD, USER and password. Also make the SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC RFC destination point to XI 3.0

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...

According to note 720717 #5(Reducing the number of SLDs) the service users on both systems need to exist and have the same passwords.

As long as the service users are defined correctly in each systems Exchange Profile, do the service usernames have to match or just their passwords?

Since one XI system is 3.0 and the other is 7.0, the service usernames are different (XIREPUSER vs. PIREPUSER).

If the usernames have to match, then I'll need to change all of my service users on the XI 3.0 system to be PI<...> users. I'd prefer to not have to do this.

Thanks,

J Wolff

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you don't want to rename your XI<...> users (in the 3.0 system) to match the PI<...> users in you 7.0 system, you can create the XI<...> users (as copy of the equivalent PI<..> users) in your 7.0 system, and it will work. But however the password of the XI<...> users in both systems still must match.

Think of it as if the SLD had been installed on a 3. system, then the users from both XI systems had to be created in this 3. system with matching passwords if it should work.

Hope this helps..

Regards

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rolf. My XI 3.0 is now using the SLD of my XI 7.0 system.

Regards,

J Wolff