cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining responsible purchase organization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm currently in SRM 4.0 project, and I've a new requirement and have some doubts about how to accomplish it. The issue is related with determination of responsible purchasing organization for shopping carts. The scenario is the following, we have 3 different Pur.Org. A, B and C. Pur.Org A is responsible to purchase product category 1 and Pur.Org. B is responsible to purchase product category 2. Pur.Org. C only creates shopping carts for all product categories. The shopping carts created should be sent to sourcing cockpit of Pur.Org. A or B, depending on the product category.

Does anyone have any idea about how to solve this issue? I would appreciate if anyone can give me some hints about how to solve it.

Many thanks,

Regards,

Ana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aana,

As per ur query regarding determining Purchasing Organization for the respective product category.

I would like to clearify the few things that, in the purchasing cycle Purchase Organization is not responsible to procure the product, Purchase Group is responsible for the same.

In the Organization structure after defining Purchasing organization, u might have define Purchase Group also in the purcase group RESPONSIBLE TAB u have to define the PRODUCT CATAGORY to be procure by this Purchase group.

Once u define this ur problem will be solved.

Please award the points if it helps u in resolving the issue.

BR,

Vijay Mittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your answer. I've already made those definitions, but what we want is not exactly that. Imagine the following scenario:

- Purchase Organization A with purchasing group A

- Purchase Organization B with purchasing group B

- Purchase Organization C with purchasing group C

Purchase Organization B can create purchasing carts with any kind of product category, as well as the others purchasing groups.

The issue is, shopping carts of purchasing group C, should be processed by purchasing group A or B, depending on the product category, if it is “computers” should be processed by purchasing group A and “office materials” should be processed by purchasing group B.

If we use the responsible tab we restrict the product category purchasing group A and B can only create shopping carts and purchase orders of those product categories, but in Sourcing cockpit, all the shopping carts are shown independent of the product category.

Thanks,

Regards,

Ana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sir did u try assigning ur product category in extended attributes tab for ur different pur org, at there own level.

mani_sreedharala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This can be accomplished by implemeting the badi BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI. here you have to write some logic to change the purchasing organization based on product category.

Regards,

Mani