cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unable to find library 'libclntsh.sl.9.0'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have just done a system copy back/SID change and I was getting the following error message when shutting down the database:

/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unable to find library 'libodm9.sl'

I found quite a few forums about this and checked all the parameters, system environments and paths, links etc and in the end resolved this by doing:

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/relink all

However, I now get the following error whenever I try to schedule anything from db13:

Job started

Step 001 started (program RSDBAJOB, variant &0000000000334, user name R11491)

Execute logical command BRCONNECT On host panther

Parameters: -u / -c -f check

/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unable to find library 'libclntsh.sl.9.0'.

Process died due to signal 9

Job finished

This file exists, links correct etc - compared to the source system and everything is as it is supposed to be...

I can run the command manually (i.e. brconnect -u / -c -f check as ora<sid>) and this works okay. I have re-ran sapdba_roles.sql, done a sap connect initialise from sapdba, granted resource, dba and connect to the ops$ users...

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Ross

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the following SAP note for solution to u r problem

Note 593582 - sapdba, BR tools 6.x: libclntsh is not found

If it is usefull to u then please reward some points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamlesh

Great, many thanks, that did appear to be the problem... the softlink in /oracle/client/92x_64 was pointing incorrectly at the old SID. Deleted and recreated:

ln -s /oracle/BMQ/920_64/lib lib

- and did the trick!

Many thanks... don't know why I couldn't find that SAP note before though, just searched on libclntsh.sl.9.0 and up it came..!

Cheers

Ross

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj

Sorry, all I did was follow note 593582. I'm not quite sure why you're getting that particular error... I assume you Oracle client is version 9 and not 10? Think 10 may come with NW04...???

Ross

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ross Armstrong,

Did you get any breakthrough in this issue. Because i am also facing the same issue while installling the NW04 with oracle 9.0.2.0 but during "Update Statistice" step of Database instance installation it is giving me below error.

"Unable to find library 'libclntsh.so.10.1"

I already have 3 instance running fine on the same server of ECC 5.0 which i installed with oracle 9 same database.

Please help me if you have any clue about the same my OS is HPUX-11.23.

I dont know why installation is looking for oracle 10 library.

Thanks and Regards

Dheeraj Thareja