cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTR: How do I set an older version as active version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Using the DTR I can sync to a specific Version of a File using "Sync to this version" from the context menu of the Version Graph.

Now I want to set the Version I synced to as the active version. Is there a possibility to do this?

Greets Johann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is easier to do this.

1) At first, we have to select the version that we want for the project, click on the rigth button and then select "Sync to this version".

To arrive at this, we need to open de "View graph" of the files.

2) The next step is open the "webdynpro explorer" and select "Reload" on the project (right button on the project folder).

3) On the "DTR> Repository browser" we will select the project, clicked on the rigth button and choosen "Sync"

4) In this step we will back to "webdynpro explorer" and we not choose the "Reload" on the project. Now we can modify or not the code with the older version. We will generate a new activity and the save the project.

5) When we check in this activity, has the older version.

6) "Sync" on the "DTR> Repository browser".

7) Reload the project on webdynpro explorer.

Regards.

Jorge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When I understand the question right, then the intension is to have an older version now as the current active version in the workspace on DTR.

Up to now DTR does not yet provide this functionality. But there is a workaround:

- please sync the file to the version that afterwards should get active (e.g. using context menu in version graph)

- and copy the synced file to a temporary location

- then sync the file again to the current active version

- and check-out for edit this version of the file

- then copy the older version from the temporary location over the checked-out version

- check-in

Please be aware that this changes the current active version in the workspace and that this change is visible to everyone accessing the workspace.

Regards, Uli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 . Make shure that the file you a looking to is currently checked in.

2. Go to DTR prespective and click on Closed Activities Tab. Find the version of the file you want to synced to rigth click on the mouse and choose Sync to this version.

The next time you check in your file the current version in DTR will be updated.

Hope it helps.

Victor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you wrote that the next time I check in the file the current version will be updatet. But how do I change or checkin the file? I can only change the currently active version of the file.

Greets Johann

former_member198228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Johann,

from the dtr perspective, right click on the file and choose show in / version graph. On the right hand panel this will show all the versions of the file. You can then choose which version you want to revert to and sync to this.

Hope that helps

Regards

Abdul