cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas & Backint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chaps,

I am trying to put together a backup strategy based on 4.6C, Unix, Oracle of out production systems. The comapany uses veritas for general backups.

Any advice on wheather to use RMAN or Veritas and could someone give me some pointers to documentation as to how to setup veritas to integrate with SAP's BR tools .....

I am assuming that I am on the right lines.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

RMAN is very good tool.If u know RMAN u can use RMAN.

Once u have veritas u will get a doc which will guide to set up brtools.

Have a look on http://backups.lbl.gov/backups/documentation/SysAdmin/4.5/NetBackup_AdminGuide_SAP_NT.pdf.

U will have some idea.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a note..

Are you NetBackup client 5.x or 6.x?

We could never get NetBackup Client 6.x to verify an RMAN or non-RMAN brbackup or brarchive backup correctly.

So we went back to client 5.x until fix the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using Oracle 9.x you will not save much time using incremental backups, since you still have to read every block.

With Oracle 10g you have block tracking, where the incremental backups will be faster.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, we are using Oracle version 9 and I think NetBackup 5.

I am asuming that we will have to purchase the additional software called NetBackup for SAP / UNIX that comes with the server / client software. I am assuming that we then get the agents and the basic scripts to bring every together. I beleive that we use NetBackup in the organisation but we don't back up any of the SAP systems.

Can someone verify this ???

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Claire,

I have recently setup the online backup policy for my SAP servers on Veritas Netbackup 5.0 it is very simple to use and manage..., my SAP servers running on Win2003 so if u would like to know the configuration of different scripts and changes made in SAP scripts then let me know....

also u can contact me on kamlesh.kheradiya@tcs.com for configuration document that i have made up myself for veritas netbackup....

Thanks

give rewards for the same..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kamlesh,

We're also using Veritas Netbackup 5 but SAP on UNIX. I'm interested to know the configuration of different scripts and changes made in SAP scripts. Can you please give me a copy of it? And if its ok with you, please include the document that you made in line with the Veritas Netbackup.

Thanks in advance