Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why movenext property of node is not working in mobile webdynpro

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

i am facing a problem related with moveto and moveNext properties of a node , i have created two views in webdynpro java in first view i have created one table with letsay 5 values and i am passing the selected value from the table to the second view and displaying the value in the second view using moveto or movenext property of node this application is working fine on the desktop but when i try to run this application on the sap-wd-client or on a pocket pc it is not working correctly suppose i chose 4th record from the table and send the value to the second view it is taking the first value . please tell me whether moveto movenext properties are supported by pocket pc. and if it doesnot support these properties than what are the alternate solutions.

regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi all,

does any one have any idea about this problem please help me.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open an OSS message.

Armin

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Valery,

Thanks for your input. What I today observed while testing the application on Mobile was that even though if I click/select the element (LinkToAction)in 3rd row the focus i.e hilited selection is always on first row.

You can check what I am suggesting by creating a table and adding the sap-wd-cleint in the URL.

I checked SAP Help and found that the <b>enabled</b> property for Table control is ignored in Mobile WebDynpro. Is the Selection problem occuring due to this ?

Appreciate your input.

Thanks.

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi all,

iam rephrasing the problem i have 1 view there is one table in it and it contains 5 rows suppose i select the third row and retrieve some value from it and i am passing this value to the 2nd view it contains another table and i want to set the lead selection of that table to suppose 2nd row by using

wdContext.node<name>.moveTo(2);

this functionality is working when i tested it on my desktop but it is not working on the mobile device.

when i run the application on the mobile device/pocket pc it always select the first row .do anyone have any idea what can be the problem and how to resolve it .

pls help me.

thanks & regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

siddharth,

Whether you invoke WD application from desktop browser, or Pocket IE or from desktop smart client, the functionality (i.e. your moveTo call) in fact is executed on server. So behavior must be identical in all cases.

So if you find the difference in behavior on some specific client, this is most probably the bug in client rendering code. In your case this in fact sounds like a bug.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net