cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Report in WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Is there a way to integrate ABAP Reports in Web Dynpro Applications? - apart from changing the ABAP Report in a way like: return a stringtab with all the results of the write statements of a report.

Best regards!

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

>>Although it is possible tocal the ITS URL directly >>from within Web Dynpeo applications the better way >>would be to combine your Web Dynpro applications with >>ITS based screens in the SAP portal.

Can you tell me how to pass the value from webdynpro screen to ITS and retrive the data and show it in WEBDYNPRO screen that ITS is throwing .

This will help me lot in providing sol. to my Client.

Thanks in advace.

Kumar

dirk_feeken
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

No, there's no possibility to integrate a report directly into Web Dynpro Components

Bringing existing reports into the browser can still be done with the ITS, of course. Although it is possible tocal the ITS URL directly from within Web Dynpeo applications the better way would be to combine your Web Dynpro applications with ITS based screens in the SAP portal.

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Dirk for your reply!

Does SAP's strategy for WebDynpro contain any proceeding concerning this issue for later Service Packs e.g.?

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

a further possibility of integration is via SAP Enterprise Portal: you create iViews both for the Web Dynpro application and the ABAP report; a loose coupling of the two iViews can be achieved through Object Based Navigation (e.g. to transfer startup parameters from the Web Dynpro iView to the ABAP Report iView).

Patric.

Forgot to add an information link on this: Find a description of WD and OBN in Jochen Gürtler's article

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/how to use object-based navigation within a web dynpro java application.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

One way would be put a Remote Function Module wrapper around the Report. And return the data through Table parameters.

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Pran for your reply!

that's what i was thinking about. But SAP/WebDynpro Standard doesn't privide any interface or anything like that for integrating ABAP Reports, right?

regards,

Christoph