cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am an ABAPer. While working in my home I am getting the following error whenever I logon to sap.I couldn't rectify this error, Kindly help me in sorting out this error.

Application server shutdown

Component DPTM

Release 620

Version 10

Return Code -17

Counter 1

Thank you,

Arun.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi subhash,

thanx for ur reply. I am having sap 4.6c on windows 2000 server with oracle 8. Hope u can able to help me.

Regards....

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Please check ur SAP Server. It should be running properly, it seems like that ur server is not running properly. have a look on Sap MMC all the nodes should be green. if the nodes are yellow or grey then right click on it and post the developer trace here.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The prerequisite for this error is a problem with the acceptance of a new network connection (for example, by a SAPGUI).

This function fails for example, if not enough file-handles are available for the process:

After this error occurs, the dispatcher has to close and reopen its listen-socket. If the dispatcher cannot connect to the port (sapdpXX), this is viewed as fatal and the application shuts down.

Because of inherited sockets on the workprocess, the dispatcher reconnect fails and the application server shuts down

So check u r MMC for yello light for further diagnosis..

Thanks

give reward points for the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to upgrade or install new version of Your SAPGui.

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Please check ur SAP Server. It should be running properly, it seems like that ur server is not running properly. have a look on Sap MMC all the nodes should be green. if the nodes are yellow or grey then right click on it and post the developer trace here.

Regards

Vasanth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Regards

Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi subhash,

thanx for ur reply. I am having sap 4.6c on windows 2000 server with oracle 8. Hope u can able to help me.

Regards....

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to reinstall the SAP again

Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

It seems like ur application server is not running properly. What is the version of sap you are running

Regards

Subhash