Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Studio Perspective Issues

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing few problems with the Database Studio perspective. I have elaborated the issues below. Please do give your suggestions:

I had installed the Java EE 5 server and NWDS together initially with instance id name being JEE. However i was facing some issues hence i uninstalled the application server only and left NWDS as it is. Next time i installed application server with instance id name being the default one i.e. JP1.

However now i am not able to connect to my landscape using DB Studio perspective. I went to Windows -> Preferences -> DB Studio -> Usermanagement and changed all the relevant parameters. For User Name i am using SUPERDBA and for Local User my Windows user id.

But whenever i click on Connect User i am getting an error message "Get first child object".

Please do let me know i have done something wrong.

Also in this version of NWDS whenever i go to Windows -> Preferences -> SAP AS Java there is not browse button against "SAP AS Java is installed local host" and hence no way to change the parameters. Currently i am using the option of remote host as the local host relevant fields all have the values of old app server path config (JEE).

Regards

Sidharth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth!

My experience is that if you deinstall the App-Server and reinstall it with a new SID then you also have to reinstall the IDE as well. Somehow the IDE is bound to the the AppServer statically during installation to provide an easy to use default out-of-the-box configuration.

I am not sure about any technical details here because I am not one of the installation folks, but that is what I experienced with the Java EE 5 preview. So my suggestion is that you reinstall (altohough I blamed this as being brute force in another post.. the Server <b>and</b> the IDE with default SID. After that you should be able to connect the DB studio again.

I hope that helps.

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the suggestion. However as of now my engine is working great. Hence i would not touch it for atleast three months when my license expires

Its just that DB Studio was not working at all and i was not very much inclined to create DB tables using SQL Editor.

I will install SQL Studio and use that for now.

Thanks Again.

Regards

Sidharth

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

As Robin has already mentioned, the NWDS in this edition comes with a default preconfigured workspace that connects you to your local server installed together with the NWDS. Hence, what you have noticed that the "localhost" option in the Preferences is set to read-only.

BTW, if you go for installing a second instance of this Java EE 5 release on the same machine, it will check and not install a second NWDS - only a new server and a new DB instance will be created. Thus, if you want to change the connection of the NWDS to this new server, you can do that by means of the "remote host" option, as you have also already found.

Finally, I don't know what issues you have been facing with your initial installation, but I would not worry that my server would stop working if I reinstall the whole landscape on clean. If that would bring only positive values to your daily work with it, just go for it confidently - and it's only a matter of few minutes

Regards,

Vladimir

Answers (0)