Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP to MAIL :: Getting Dump due to no response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on the following scenario

<b>SAP R/3 ( BAPI ) ---> RFC Adapter ---> XI ( XSLT Mapping ) ---> Mail Adapter ---> Mail Server</b>

I am able to transport the data of BAPI to mail server & mails are coming in right format . But the problem is this that BAPI is expecting a response back & giving the dump ( ABAPer is not hapy with this ). Even when i am using outbound message interface of ASYNC mode.

Any way that I can avoid this by doing something on BAPI or in XI configuration.

I know one way is to use BPM & send some constant response back to BAPI. But I am just looking if this can be done without using BPM.

Pls. Suggest.

Regards

- Lalit -

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is BAPI has repsonse structure ? If so it will look for response. But you can try out with calling RFC with Background etc,,

useful link-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/f9/3f69fd11a80b4e93a5c9230bafc767/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

I solved the issue by using the Mail Receipt message from Mail XSD & map it with the message field of response.

But I suggest ABAPer to check out the background execution as it can be used if the Rec. Business System is Legacy System & using Rec. File Adapter.

Thanks for ur reply

- Lalit -

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit,

><i>I solved the issue by using the Mail Receipt message from Mail XSD & map it with the message field of response.</i>

Would aprreciate if you give more details.

1. Did you use a Synchronous Message Interface for the Inbound Mail Adapter?

2. If yes for 1 , then the request message would have been the mail.xsd , what about the response message?

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit,

I looked into the MAIL XSD, and found the Element called MAILRECEIPT. I guess you when we make a synchronous call, the response would have contained this MAILRECEIPT with actual Mail Status.

Thanks for this tip.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Bhavesh, you are right.

I am pasting the XML format of MailReciept below ::

<i><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Request Message Mapping

-->

- <xim:MailReceipt xmlns:xim="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Mail/30">

<Server>smtp://CLXSEXC01.server.com:25</Server>

<Greeting>CLXSEXC01.server.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.1830 ready at Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:50:55 +1000</Greeting>

<Format>XIPAYLOAD</Format>

<UseMailPackage>true</UseMailPackage>

<Encoding>base64</Encoding>

<Subject>Deliveries from XI</Subject>

<From>Lalit.Chaudhary@abc.com</From>

<To>Lalit.Chaudhary@abc.com</To>

<Date>2006-10-26T01:50:55Z</Date>

<MailID>2.6.0</MailID>

</xim:MailReceipt></i>

Regards

- Lalit -

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit,

You need to call the BAPI in the R3 system in an Asynch Mode. MAke the change such that the BAPI is called in an Asynch Mode in the R3 and it will work fine.

Regards,

Bhavesh