cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing ECC 6.0, XI not full in place Option for SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

We r Installing ECC 6.0, and we dont have XI fully installed in place and also another ECC 6.0 in place.

While installing ECC 6.0, it gives 3 options reg the SLD configuration as :

> No SLD destination

> Configure a local SLD

> Register in the Central SLD

Which one should I select.

If i select the first option (No SLD destination), in the future can I change it to the last one.

-Naveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

The first one is telling that u r not using the SLD in u r landscape

The second one is telling that U r about to configure the Local SLD on u r current installation only...

The third thing tell us that if there is already configured SLD in u r previous system and u want to use that SLD for u r current installation then u have to redirect the configuration parameter to the existing SLD only...

AS for example...

In my system previuosly i have one DEV system installed with SLD configuration...after ward i had installed the PRD system and at the time of installation by mistakenly i had installed a new SLD over there in PRD also.....

but after some time as of requriement i have to make only one SLD between DEV & PRD system so later on i will redirect the PRD SLD to DEV SLD...

so after installation u can change/reconfigure u r SLD also...

if you want the steps for the same then let me know..

if this information is usefull to u then please give points..

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kamlesh,

Please send me the steps at naveenchitluri@yahoo.com

Please give me your contact no also.

I appreciate it.

-Naveen.

Message was edited by: naveen chitluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have sent you the mail please check it the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

kamlesh kheradiya,

We have 2 ECC 6.0 instances one in the US and other in Kuwait. They are referred as Local and remote instances respectively.

The remote instance server is not on the network always it goes on and off.

While installing remote instance, there r 3 options as I told in my earlier post.

I have selected Local SLD option. Now I have to upgrade to the Central SLD, for which I dont have procedure.

Could u please send me via mail.

-Naveen.