cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Help- How to call an external URL information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am developing an application in webdynpro and it needs some header/footer information, for which i have some urls, when i tried using iframes,placing them on top and bottom, i can view them, howoever, they have some hyperlinks, which on clicking goes inside the frames, how to show them or bring them inside the main page itself ? its very urgent, please help me out

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran

Yes, i did tried making a jsp page with three frame, header,mainbody,footer. But here the header source is a url,which i am calling from a different web application. The main issue is the header url has hyperlinks, which on clicking goes inside the header frame. I am not able to show the hyperlink page in the main page itself. i think you are getting my issue ? if not please let me know ?thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya

You can specify a name for the Frameset using the name attribute for the <frameset> tag. And in the link you can specify this name as value for the target attribute. There is an example in the link I posted.

Roughly it should look something like this.

<frameset name="fthis" ..... />

<a href="somelink" target="fthis"/>

I didnt check for the exact syntax.

Regards

Pran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya

Read through this link..

http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html40-970708/present/frames.html

Specially read the section about

<b>Specifying target frame information</b>

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pran

thanks for the link, its usefull, sorry for this lame question, but where do we have to put the peice of code in the (webdynpro) application, ?