cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 7.0 SLD Product and Software component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create third party non sap product in SLD.What we have to specify in non-sap software unit and Production state.

I couldn't find any documentation describing what they will be used for.

Does anybody has any information regarding these two fields?

Thanks,

Rekha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I donot think we have any impact of XI objects whatever state you choose.It is just a logical seperation.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

<b>production state:</b>

from help on SLD

The status of this managed type with respect to the production process. For the possible values, see the VALUEMAP.

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

In valuemap different options available are started,developed,planned,released e.t.c.....

what my question is if we set intially the state as started then how we will change it to developed or released later on when we are done with our development.

If we are creating more than one software component for our third party product then do we need to create software unit for each software component or we can use one software unit for all the SWC under that product?

I couldn't find any thing in documentation for SLD .

Thanks,

Rekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Have the same questions.

Posted OSS message on this. Waiting for response...

Will let you know.

Regards,

Emile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP admits that documentation is poor on this and question has been sent to SAP development to improve.

Cheers emile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emile,

Have you got this information from SAP for your ticket? Please let me know what should be used for the Non-SAP Software Unit.

I am creating the product for an Oracle database.

Thanks

Kalyan