cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Add-in System Copy - same Java Support Package levels ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm looking at performing a standard SAP Netweaver 04 SAP Web Application Server system "refresh" procedure. I plan to copy the production system ( SAP WAS 640 ABAP+Java addin )to an already installed QA system that was installed originally exactly the same as Prod. Both have the same components installed and the ABAP stack Support package levels are identical. What I've found is that the Java Add-in Support package levels vary. Is it possible to perform the system copy "refresh" if the Java components differ. ( Prod J2EE is 640 SP13, QA is SP14 and Adobe & ESS/MSS components differ ).

I've looked through the system copy guides and the NW04 SR1 system copy OSS note 785848, but can't find anything about this situation.

Hopefully someone else out there can tell me if it's possible, without first patching Production to the same levels as the QA system being overwritten.

Regards,

Brian.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

u can do that w/o applying the patch ..but after doing system copy u have latest SP13 as of u r PRD server instead of SP14 in QA....if required then u can apply it again in QA....SP14.

So if u not got my point then tell me...

thanks..

reward points..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input. The system copy was performed ok as per the documentation. Afterwards it was the same as production - SP13.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's on the systemcopy guides. But I notice that it's not bug proof yet. Depends on how the Java installation was done....like as java Addin or through full Dual-stack installation with SAPinst