cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP inbox: Automatic Purge?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry if this isn't in the right section but I tried my best. Is there any way to automatically purge a person's SAP inbox? We have a few people who get over 100 messages a day and they refuse to delete any of them. I would love to be able to set up a rule that automatically deletes messages if said messages are n days old.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aaron,

Sorry I had an idea that you are probably well familiar with SAP. No issues still.

Minimum number of documents means the minimum number of documents you want to be deleted. These are read documents and not unread ones. So your statement " provided that there are at least 50 unread documents being preserved? " is not correct per se. Unread documents wont be deleted by SOY9.

minimum age of documents is already clear to you.

In Target group you need to give user id.

For better understanding do test run.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by: Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am very new. I was hired right out of college with no experience. My company is training me as an ABAP programmer and is paying for any SAP certifications I want. In between training courses (I start BC400 on Monday) they give me issues to solve like this one, issues with the SAP library (dns error), etc...

Thank you so much for your help. I fully understand that transaction now.

Message was edited by: Aaron Shover

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect program for ur requirement is RSSO_DELETE_PRIVATE. This deletes the messages from any users inbox. This is wonderful program as it provides lot of selection parameters.

Rgds,Suresh Komirishetty

Award me points if you find this solution useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to view the program it says that the program does not exist.

Thanks for your input,

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aaron,

Most SAP reorganization reports are based on minimum days of data retention.This helps in ensuring that the latest data is there. Frankly I dont see how will maximum days help you. Whether is for spool deletion or for inbox document deletion. The transaction SOY9 deleted only read documents which makes sense since may be it is not too wise to delete unread documents.

Further if you want to delete workitems in your inbox then you need to use transaction SWWR or may be it is is SWRR ( please check that).

Hopefully this should be able to resolve most of your concerns.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit, I think we are saying the same thing but in different ways. Let me see if I have this straight. If I use SOY9 and keep all default settings (min # = 50, min age = 30) then all documents, that are read, and older than 30 days should be deleted or purged, provided that there are at least 50 unread documents being preserved? So, if that is the case and I want to purge documents that are older than, say, 3 months I would change min age = 90 and keep min # at 50 (or change it to 0 if I don't care about the min# of documents to be preserved). Is that correct? I'm sorry if this seems trivial but I have not used SAP for more than 2 or 3 weeks so I'm a beginner, by every definition of the word.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aaron,

Please check the transaction SOY9( Report RSSOMOVE. This is for Inbox reorginizations. SOY8 is for Inbox archiving.

I hope it helps.

Please award points accordingly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by: Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The transactions look promising but I'm not sure what they are doing. From what I can tell that only allows me to set minimums and not maximums. I would like to be able to say any message (for example) older than 30 days gets deleted or archived. Maybe that is what those transactions do but I'm just not seeing it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Aaron,

My two cents on the inputs below :----

The report RSSORE00 can be of some help and the FM would be useful in ur quest...SO_INBOX_ENTRIES_COUNT: SAPuser whose inbox is to be viewed has to passed as a parameter and this function counts read/unread/Total messages in the inbox.

As such may be a report can be created using the above inputs to have a solution to your issue...

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful inputs...