cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create multiple messages in adapter module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I've the problem to solve the following scenario: Mail (1) -> XI -> IDocs (1..n)

Since for IDocs message split is not supported and I don't want to use a BPM, is it possible to create different xi-messages in an adapter module which processes the mail?

Therefore I want to make the message split directly on the source: the adapter module.

Best regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

No need for BPM and no need for multimapping and neither for an Adapter Module.

It is possible to send multiple IDOC's using a single message and the IDOC adapter using a concept called IDOC packaging. Take a look at SAP note : 814393.

for more info.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

or just check my weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

all of IDOC approaches are described in my book too:

(in more details and examples)

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for the very helpful answers, I think that will help me to go on to solve my problems

Many thanks,

Daniel

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

btw

on teched 2006 Amsterdam on one of the sessions

the presenter mentioned that

<b>we should not do message splits in the adapter modules</b>

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

okay, but my plan was to build the packaged IDoc directly in the adapter module, but that is not exactly the same as a message split

What has the presenter given as an alternative to this way? Solve the problem via BPM?

Best regards,

Daniel

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

There is no need for a BPM and for an Adapter Module split.

1. Create an XSD out of your IDOC strcuutre and change the occurence of the IDOC element to 0 to unbounded.

2. Import this XSD and use this in your Message Mapping as the target Message Type. For every IDOC to be created in your Target , you will need to create an IDOC tag in the mapping. Each IDOC tag indiactes one IDOC.

3. In your Interface Mapping, DO NOT CREATE a separate Interface for the IDOC, but use the IDOC itself as the Message Interface and select the mapping with the XSD as the target.

Configuration will be as usual.

Regards,

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

nothing and I forgot to ask... my bad

but with IDOCs you have the package option

as per my weblog (or book)

so it's much easier

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>