cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to whole payload in user defined function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a way to access the whole XML payload in a user defined function or is it necessary to employ a Java mapping?

Kind regards,

Heiko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

what values do you need to check exactly?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I need the whole payload since I want to persist it to a raw column of a database table.

Regards,

Heiko

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you have a look at this weblog:

Own Logging of XI Messages

/people/udo.martens/blog/2006/02/16/own-logging-of-xi-messages

by Udo Martens?

it's a complete solution to your issue

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

I don't want to implement a logging scenario. The XML string shall be send to a distinct receiver represented by a business system. My Idea was the have a mapping with a user defined function wich extracts the source message payload and writes it to an element in the destination message. Then the JDBC receiver adapter would be able to persist the XML payload.

Cheers,

Heiko

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>My Idea was the have a mapping with a user defined function wich extracts the source message payload and writes it to an element in the destination message.</i>

In that case, you need to look into anyother mapping other than Graphical Mapping. Java / ABAP / XSL all three of them should be able to handle this.

Regards,

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can use the code from the abap mapping

and output the whole message to one tag

then use this tag in graphical mapping

you can have an interface mapping

with two mappings (one by one): abap , message mapping

Regards,