Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native WD Drop-Down list

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope somebody can help me with my problem. We are now on NW04s and now we can make use of the fact that we don't need the ACF component anymore if you use the "native" version of the interactive form. I am playing around with it and i can't get the solution how to fill a drop-down list in my IF. In the ActiveX version a used a SAP Help drop-down list and use this piece of code to populate my drop-down list:

// Setup contents of a drop down list dynamically
             IWDAttributeInfo subtypeInfo =
wdContext.nodePDFdata().getNodeInfo().getAttribute("Subtype");
             ISimpleTypeModifiable subtypeType =
subtypeInfo.getModifiableSimpleType();
             IModifiableSimpleValueSet subtypeValueset =
subtypeType.getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

//Loop over alle gevonden verlofsoorten
             for (int i = 0; i < noVerlofsoorten; i++) {
                   thisVerlofEl =
wdContext.nodeOutputESSSubtype().nodeSubtytab().getSubtytabElementAt(i);

subtypeValueset.put(thisVerlofEl.getSubty(),thisVerlofEl.getSubtytext());
             }

When i use this piece of code within the native variant of my interactive form, it's not working.

I hope somebody can tell me how to solve this problem or where i can find some documentation.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krishanu_biswas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Maarten,

Your code seems to be absolutely fine. No need to change the portion of code pasted below. That remains the same for both "active-x" and "native".

Well, while creating a new form (platform/browser independent native form), you need to take care of the following:

1. Set the "displayType" property of the interactive form UI element to "native" (you have already done it).

2. Use the drop down box UI element (Value Help Drop Down List) from the "Web Dynpro Native" library pallete rather than the "Web Dynpro ActiveX" library palette available within the Adobe Live Cycle Designer. If you do not see this palette in your designer then you would probabaly need to upgrade your designer to the latest version available.

Make sure that you have got the data mapping right.

Best Regards,

Krish

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Krish,

Thx for the reply. Unfortunately i still don't get it working. All the points in your answer i checked and everything should be ok.

Did you get it working? If so could you pls send me a example. You can mail me at smeagol_gollum[at]zonnet[dot]nl

thx in advance.

Kind regards,

Maarten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

If you haven't allready solved this problem, or for others that has the same issue.

In a native webdynpro component you can bind your values directly to your o..n node.

You do this to go to the binding-tab from you drop-down component, press the "Specify Item values" link and bind your values to this context node.

You have a "Item text" (the one you see in the drop-down) and a "Item value" (the selected value).

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thx for your answer!! It solved my problem!!!

Kind regards,

Maarten

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

i am already doing the exact same way. but i am not able to pick up the selected node element. by default as null. How ever i am using the EnumDropDownList to populate the drop down.

I have 3 elements in the node element which i am populating in wdInit() and is working fine.

on submit, i am getting the element at leadselection and trying to fetch the value, but the lead selection is coming 0. Any idea why?

Answers (0)