cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in ejb3.0 project, wizard for new EJB Session Bean 3.0 doesn't come up

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to create a EJB 3.0 SessionBean, I get the following error:

The selected wizard could not be started.

Reason:

Plug-in com.sap.ide.j2ee.ui.ejb was unable to load class com.sap.ide.j2ee.ui.ejb.wizard.SessionBeanWizard

Details:

com/sap/j2ee/ui/ejb/wizard/SessionBeanWizard (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

Note: As seen in the thread below, I have just re-installed the appserver and dev studio:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Makarand,

The message "Unsupported major.minor version 49.0" implies that you are running with JDK version < 1.5. Please check in your workspace\.metadata\.log file - there should be some entries like:

java.version=1.5.0_07

java.vendor=SAP AG

BTW, have you started the NWDS from the Start Menu -> Programs -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio? If you are using C:\SAP\DevStudio\eclipse\SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.exe directly it could be that it finds some older JRE installed on your machine.

Hope that helps!

-Vladimir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I had started teh dev studio directly and not from the shortcut, hence the problem.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Makarand,

Might be also the reason for the problem with the EJB 3.0 project wizard described in your other thread. I mean nobody else has complained about its functionality.

Just FYI: If you are interested, please refer to my reply there why the shortcut is the preferred way for starting the NWDS.

-Vladimir