cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export/Import between two separate SLD's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're facing the next issue. We want to move some single (custom created) Products with some single Software component versions (SWCVS) from 1 SLD (SLD1) to another SLD (SLD2) that are fysically separated. We do not want to create an export of the full CIM content of SLD1. Anybody experience with this creating exports of single products and single SWCVS. What should be the order importing these in the target SLD (SLD2).

As we are running on SLD 7.00 we also created Software units. Still the aim of these units is not completely clear to me and documentation on this is quite poor. How should we deal with production state? At what moment in a development cycle should the state be changed??

Is it possible to also export import these software unit definitions from SLD1 to SLD2?

Thanks for your comments!!

Regards,

Emile

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I am not sure, how it works with software unit definitions.

This guide may help you-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e76e511-0d01-0010-5c9d-9f7...

So I think there may be a manual intervention required here..

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

according to SAPAG they recommand only one SLD.but use of two is possible but it increases lot od cost.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If possible then use only one SLD in u system landscape which is very easy to maintain.

If you require the steps to configure one SLD from TWO SLD then let me know.

Thanks