Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPInst could not establish connection

alex_tender
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone give me some advise. I'm trying to install ERP2004S - EP7.0 on an AIX 5.3 system with no success. I have installed java14_64 SR6. Ulimit is unlimited.

I run the following command

>> ./sapinst SAPINST_START_GUI=false

and it returns this, so far all seems OK

[==============================] - extracting... done!

The GUI could not be started because the environment variable DISPLAY is not set. Please make sure that this variable is defined correctly or start the GUI on another host (for details please consult the installation guide)

Starting GuiServer using:

/usr/java14_64/jre/bin/java -cp /tmp/sapinst_exe.466970.1161763271/JAR/instgui.jar:/tmp/sapinst_exe.466970.1161763271/JAR/inqmyxml.jar -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom SDTServer config=jar:sdtserver.xml guiport=21212 sapinsthost=localhost sapinstport=21200

load resource pool /backup/sapcd/ECC60/master/IM_AIX_PPC64/resourcepool.xml

guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host xiprd, port 21200 to continue with the installation

Now i start the start the gui my PC XP with java 1.4.2_08. It bring the gui up with the error message.

Connection to SAPInst could not establish connection

Connection to host 'XIPRD' on port '21212' failed

If i do an installation with erp2004 EP60 it work no problem. Is there new setting that i need to apply to AIX before I can install, I did check the manuals and it does not give any specifics.

Regards

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You reconnect with the GUI to SAPinst and enter the path to the software package or file manually. Then you can continue with the installation.

Also look following SAP Note for the problem soulution.

Note 969660 - 6.20/6.40 Patch Collection Installation : Unix (search term " D027171 ").

If usefull then give reward points.

thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

alex_tender
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply. It does not even pass the logon screen. IT give the errors

Exception occurred during network communication

Network I/O exception: connection reset.

When you look on AIX it display the the SApinst is still running, ut when you do a ps -ef|grep 21212 the port has died.

Then if you try again it give the error

Connection to host xiprd on port 21212 failed.

Regards

alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try to start the installation with new port number : 21213 or 21214.

till time i will also search for ur prolem.

Thanks

alex_tender
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI

Thank you for the reply. The sapinst Ports are not in used on AIX or windows and I do not have the firewall active on XP or windows 2000 where i tried to install it from.

I was am able to install erp2004 but not erp2004s.

Regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firewall issue?