cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing IDOC control record by XSL Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using scenario: legacy -> XI -> R/3.

In the first step I am mapping XML -> IDOC. I have to map the field "SERIAL" in idoc control record in EDI_DC40 (idoc control record structure) with a constant. When I view the message in XI monitor. I cannot see the change and that field is not visible as before.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated !

Regards,

Faiq

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the previous mail. The error is still not resolved.

XSL mapping is done for xml -> idoc. I want to fill one Control record field 'SERIAL' in IDOC. I chose the 'Fill control record from payload' option in the IDOC adapter but still the control record field 'SERIAL' is not filled, when I check the . Please advise. Thanks.

Regards,

Faiq

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have set the Apply Control Record Values from Payload indicator in the receiver IDoc adapter, the following fields are filled from the IDoc-XML payload:

MESCOD
   MESCFT
   TEST
   EXPRSS
   STD
   STDVRS
   STDMES
   SNDSAD
   SNDLAD
   RCVSAD
   RCVLAD
   REFINT
   REFGRP
   REFMES
   STATUS
   DIRECT
   OUTMOD
   CREDAT
   CRETIM

You can change the contents of only above fields by using a mapping and getting it replected in the SAP System.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case mapping is not executing as expected. Take a look at this blog to see how to test mapping,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to check you mapping for other fields but as mentioned in SAP Help, if you check the option of Apply from Payload, you still cannot transfer the serial field.

Please check on this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/13/95244269625633e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Vijaya

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh,

The issue got resolved by your guidance on the SAP fields in various catagories.

Regards,

Faiq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The XSL mapping is working fine, as I tested it in XML SPY tool. But looks like control record is populated by system and does not let me fill by my XSL mapping.

Please advise how can I change the SERIAL field in control record. I have already tried the checkbox in idoc config 'Apply control record values from payload'.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Faiq

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Faiq,

Like I mentioned in my previous reply , SERIAL field is not a part of the fields that can be manipulate using APPLY CONTROL RECORD FROM PAYLOAD. The only fields that can be maniupulated and used so that they get reflected in the R3 system are shown in my reply above. You would need to use any of these fields as the Serial field.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Think, You should always keep that check box UNCHECKED.

This will cause some problem which i am not very much sure off..

can some one explain what eactly is the purpose of this check box??

I tried file-idoc with the above option and i could succeed. Probably u r failing somewhere in between. pl chek

regds

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for your response.

How can I put data in <b>SERIAL</b> field. I also tried to send data by the above mentioned field RCVSAD and some others. But still data or field is not displayed by XSL mapping in XI monitor. But previously filled fields like DOCREL, STATUS, IDOCTYP are still been shown. Please advise.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Faiq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh,

The problem is solved. Actually I did not select the checkbox in IDOC adapter config for 'Apply control record values from payload'.

Regards,

Faiq

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Faiq,

Are you using XSL mapping or Graphical Mapping? With graphical mapping just use the Constant function to do this.

<i>I cannot see the change and that field is not visible as before.</i>

Can you explain further what the problem is?

Regards,

Bhavesh